Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, I apologise if it's not.

I got Affinity Designer a few weeks ago, I used it to edit and make a few flags. Now when I open them, they are missing some core features.

image.thumb.png.0e0fbc1d7b81d601b9499bb0c5d302b4.png

This flag is missing the Saint Patrick's cross, which is the red X, in the middle of the Union Jack, to the bottom right. It's like this in the UK flag, Australian flag, etc. It didn't use to do this, I'm not sure why now. 

They don't appear like this in the browser.
Attached you can find, the UK flag, and the flag in the screenshot.

Please can I have some help?

Thank you.

Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom (3).svg

USERUK.svg

Edited by JamieA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 


Affinity Store: Designer 1.7.3.481, Photo 1.7.3.481, Publisher 1.7.3.481.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.418.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the threads refered to by @Pšenda there is a suggestion . 

Chris K suggests "if you open the svg in notepad and remove clip-path="url(#t)" then save the file it will open as expected in Designer"

They are readable text and editing them is quite easy as a work around. Using that logic I made these attached files.

Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom (3)b.svg

USERUK b.svg

As the other thread suggests, many other programs have problem with that clip-path format also


Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

In the threads refered to by @Pšenda there is a suggestion . 

Chris K suggests "if you open the svg in notepad and remove clip-path="url(#t)" then save the file it will open as expected in Designer"

They are readable text and editing them is quite easy as a work around. Using that logic I made these attached files.

Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom (3)b.svg

USERUK b.svg

As the other thread suggests, many other programs have problem with that clip-path format also

Thank you. Unfortunately, the flag now is incorrect, the red X in the middle is not supposed to be symmetrical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GabrielM said:

@JamieA,

This has already been logged with our developers.

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Apparently it was about 2 years ago. Will this ever be fixed?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2019 at 8:33 AM, GabrielM said:

I'm afraid we cannot provide an ETA for bug reports. Sorry :(

It's fine. I'll be back to Inkscape then. Is there a refund form anywhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, JamieA said:

It's fine. I'll be back to Inkscape then. Is there a refund form anywhere?

If you purchased directly from Serif, within the last 14 days, I think you can get a refund by emailing affinityreturns@serif.com from the email address you used for the purchase.

If you purchased from the Windows Store you'll need to ask Microsoft.


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes the SVG interpretation is buggy. - Even when you make to look that flag OK inside AD and export the result as SVG, the Affinity SVG parser afterwards, when reading back in it's own created and generated SVG code, doesn't handle it correctly here.

flag_ad1.thumb.jpg.a950e3733ae2f167d0054116ceae2d79.jpg

flag_ad2.thumb.jpg.94b218537d2c1bb28ea597790ad4a019.jpg

Where other SVG interpreters like those of certain web browsers can show up correctly the by Affinity generated SVG code, there the flag looks like it should, but AD itself doesn't treat and handle it's own generated transformed clippaths correctly (as can be seen in the above shown last image).

The from AD generated SVG code (looks Ok in FF, Chrome etc. but not AD itself when reimported) ...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd">
<svg width="100%" height="100%" viewBox="0 0 1200 600" version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xml:space="preserve" xmlns:serif="http://www.serif.com/" style="fill-rule:evenodd;clip-rule:evenodd;">
    <rect x="0" y="0" width="1200" height="600" style="fill:rgb(0,36,125);fill-rule:nonzero;"/>
    <path d="M0,0L1200,600M1200,0L0,600" style="fill-rule:nonzero;stroke:white;stroke-width:120px;"/>
    <clipPath id="_clip1">
        <path d="M600,300L1200,300L1200,600L600,300Z"/>
    </clipPath>
    <g clip-path="url(#_clip1)">
        <path d="M0,0L1200,600M1200,0L0,600" style="fill-rule:nonzero;stroke:rgb(207,20,43);stroke-width:80px;"/>
    </g>
    <g transform="matrix(-1,1.22465e-16,-1.22465e-16,-1,1200,600)">
        <clipPath id="_clip2">
            <path d="M600,300L1200,300L1200,600L600,300Z"/>
        </clipPath>
        <g clip-path="url(#_clip2)">
            <path d="M0,0L1200,600M1200,0L0,600" style="fill-rule:nonzero;stroke:rgb(207,20,43);stroke-width:80px;"/>
        </g>
    </g>
    <g transform="matrix(1,-0,0,-1,0,600)">
        <clipPath id="_clip3">
            <path d="M1200,600L600,600L600,300L1200,600Z"/>
        </clipPath>
        <g clip-path="url(#_clip3)">
            <path d="M0,0L1200,600M1200,0L0,600" style="fill-rule:nonzero;stroke:rgb(207,20,43);stroke-width:80px;"/>
        </g>
    </g>
    <g transform="matrix(-1,1.22465e-16,1.22465e-16,1,1200,0)">
        <clipPath id="_clip4">
            <path d="M1200,600L600,600L600,300L1200,600Z"/>
        </clipPath>
        <g clip-path="url(#_clip4)">
            <path d="M0,0L1200,600M1200,0L0,600" style="fill-rule:nonzero;stroke:rgb(207,20,43);stroke-width:80px;"/>
        </g>
    </g>
    <path d="M600,0L600,600M0,300L1200,300" style="fill-rule:nonzero;stroke:white;stroke-width:200px;"/>
    <path d="M600,0L600,600M0,300L1200,300" style="fill-rule:nonzero;stroke:rgb(207,20,43);stroke-width:120px;"/>
</svg>

 


☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.1 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Yes the SVG interpretation is buggy. - Even when you make to look that flag OK inside AD and export the result as SVG, the Affinity SVG parser afterwards, when reading back in it's own created and generated SVG code, doesn't handle it correctly here.

flag_ad1.thumb.jpg.a950e3733ae2f167d0054116ceae2d79.jpg

flag_ad2.thumb.jpg.94b218537d2c1bb28ea597790ad4a019.jpg

Where other SVG interpreters like those of certain web browsers can show up correctly the by Affinity generated SVG code, there the flag looks like it should, but AD itself doesn't treat and handle it's own generated transformed clippaths correctly (as can be seen in the above shown last image).

The from AD generated SVG code (looks Ok in FF, Chrome etc. but not AD itself when reimported) ...


<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd">
<svg width="100%" height="100%" viewBox="0 0 1200 600" version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xml:space="preserve" xmlns:serif="http://www.serif.com/" style="fill-rule:evenodd;clip-rule:evenodd;">
    <rect x="0" y="0" width="1200" height="600" style="fill:rgb(0,36,125);fill-rule:nonzero;"/>
    <path d="M0,0L1200,600M1200,0L0,600" style="fill-rule:nonzero;stroke:white;stroke-width:120px;"/>
    <clipPath id="_clip1">
        <path d="M600,300L1200,300L1200,600L600,300Z"/>
    </clipPath>
    <g clip-path="url(#_clip1)">
        <path d="M0,0L1200,600M1200,0L0,600" style="fill-rule:nonzero;stroke:rgb(207,20,43);stroke-width:80px;"/>
    </g>
    <g transform="matrix(-1,1.22465e-16,-1.22465e-16,-1,1200,600)">
        <clipPath id="_clip2">
            <path d="M600,300L1200,300L1200,600L600,300Z"/>
        </clipPath>
        <g clip-path="url(#_clip2)">
            <path d="M0,0L1200,600M1200,0L0,600" style="fill-rule:nonzero;stroke:rgb(207,20,43);stroke-width:80px;"/>
        </g>
    </g>
    <g transform="matrix(1,-0,0,-1,0,600)">
        <clipPath id="_clip3">
            <path d="M1200,600L600,600L600,300L1200,600Z"/>
        </clipPath>
        <g clip-path="url(#_clip3)">
            <path d="M0,0L1200,600M1200,0L0,600" style="fill-rule:nonzero;stroke:rgb(207,20,43);stroke-width:80px;"/>
        </g>
    </g>
    <g transform="matrix(-1,1.22465e-16,1.22465e-16,1,1200,0)">
        <clipPath id="_clip4">
            <path d="M1200,600L600,600L600,300L1200,600Z"/>
        </clipPath>
        <g clip-path="url(#_clip4)">
            <path d="M0,0L1200,600M1200,0L0,600" style="fill-rule:nonzero;stroke:rgb(207,20,43);stroke-width:80px;"/>
        </g>
    </g>
    <path d="M600,0L600,600M0,300L1200,300" style="fill-rule:nonzero;stroke:white;stroke-width:200px;"/>
    <path d="M600,0L600,600M0,300L1200,300" style="fill-rule:nonzero;stroke:rgb(207,20,43);stroke-width:120px;"/>
</svg>

 

Thank you. I really like this software but this needs to be fixed for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.