You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

As yet I have not found any way to group swatches, like we can have sublayers under a top layer. This would be very useful when one has so many swatches that one has to scroll to find them. Up to now I simply put is a "title swatch" (a color I do not use) and make an artificial heading for swatches that are common to that part of my work. A group-type approach to swatches would be great.

20 minutes ago, Jim Monson said:

A group-type approach to swatches would be great.

You can make your own Pallets which will have only the colours you want. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

32 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

You can make your own Pallets which will have only the colours you want. 

That was my immediate thought, but what if that palette has a large number of colours in it? It would be very useful to be able to subdivide each palette into collapsible groups.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

That was my immediate thought, but what if that palette has a large number of colours in it? It would be very useful to be able to subdivide each palette into collapsible groups.

That would be great and we can hope that it will become a feature but in the interim different palettes will have have to suffice.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

At least I now know that I'm not missing something. My highly complex geology map has a myriad of different colors for various rocks and soils, rivers, stream beds, seas, lakes, marshes, etc. in one long list of swatches. Having collapsible groups would be much more efficient than bringing up separate palettes. This  comment is simply for AD designers to ponder. In the meantime, everyday I'm increasingly grateful for Affinity products.

• 10 months later...

I found this thread while searching for ways to do the exact same thing. I love that we can create custom colour palette's but really need a way to "group" those swatches together to keep them organized (much like how you can in Adobe Illustrator). So add my vote for the "Grouping" feature!

• 3 months later...

How can there not be a grouping of swatches available??? It must be more fun to scroll through hundreds of pallets!! Or is there a way around that? Am I missing something? Hoping someone knows a workaround, and just really wondering why they wouldn't make this a priority.