You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer keeps crashing I don't know why

Was Affinity Designer working previously?

If so, what; if anything, have you done in-between it working and not working?

uninstalled an app, run cleaner, updated windows, installed an app?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff

Hi Venera and Welcome to the Forums,

Further to what firstdefence has asked.  If you get a crash when creating a new document, eg File>New chances are it's your graphics card drivers that either need updating or reinstalling.  Most crashes like this are graphics card related in our experience and we would always advise doing a clean install of the graphics card drivers and if it's still crashing after that, we can get a crash logs from you, which should help further.  

• 11 months later...
On 4/15/2019 at 8:36 AM, stokerg said:

Hi Venera and Welcome to the Forums,

Further to what firstdefence has asked.  If you get a crash when creating a new document, eg File>New chances are it's your graphics card drivers that either need updating or reinstalling.  Most crashes like this are graphics card related in our experience and we would always advise doing a clean install of the graphics card drivers and if it's still crashing after that, we can get a crash logs from you, which should help further.  

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue but my project stands open for more time (5 to 10 minutes).

I have tried different solutions offered in several threads in Affinity forums and none of them worked. Can you, or somebody else, explain to me what do you mean with "graphics card"? (What it is, where to find, clean/ install it?)

Thank you

P.s.: I attached a Text Editor file with the report from the crash...

Affinity Designer Crash Log.rtf