You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Status of Index and ToC features on current release

Trying to use both Index and ToC features, but inserting either a Table of Contents of Contents or Index results in only one entry being displayed. Have these features been fully enabled at this stage of the beta, or is this something known to be fixed with future updates? 

They work here, you need to place all the index marks and decide what Paragraph styles will be used for the ToC.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

7 hours ago, Roger terry said:

For me any updating of the TOC removes the existing format and no amount of clicking lets me re-format it to the original style. Paragraph formats for TOC seem not to work. Am I missing something (probably)?

As long as you update the TOC-related text styles (TOC 1: Heading 2, etc.) by editing them in the Text Styles panel it should work. At least, it does for me, but I'm on Windows.

However, if you make local modifications by selecting TOC entries and using the Context Toolbar I think that updating the TOC would cause loss of those changes.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, Roger terry said:

I select chapter head and create a new style for it. As soon as I apply it, all the text in the TOC changes to what I think is the default. No possibility to update a toc style

I'm not completely sure what you're doing when you say that you create a new style for a chapter head. I would simply use the supplied Heading 2 and modify it.

Perhaps you could supply a small .afpub file showing how you have things setup, including your new styles and the ToC, and then we could make some suggestions based on that example.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

So long as I change the TOC Paragraph Styles they are remembered and applied when I update the ToC.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

TOC 1 has a selection of styles applied to the entire Table of Contents which are different (perhaps) from TOC and TOC 2.

I think what you are doing is changing the whole ToC formatting by choosing the different "TOC Style:" (TOC, TOC 2, TOC 3 etc.). This will change all the formatting to what you have in the Paragraph and Character Styles. Look at your  Text Styles Studio as you move the cursor through the different sections/ listings in your page.

At 0:30 you can see that you have the Paragraph Style "TOC:Heading Rog" chosen for the '1 Introduction' I'll wager the setup for the style is different for TOC 1 is different for that '1 Introduction' in the Paragraph Style, it may even have a different name.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.