You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Clipping paths and Photoshop Layers in Publisher

Hi, i am new in this forum and currently testing the newest Beta of Affinity Publisher, which i really like.

Is there a possibility to use clipping paths, alpha channels of .psd files in the publisher document?

For Example in InDesign we got the tool "Clipping Path" where you can change paths and alpha channels or the tool "Photoshop Layers" where you can choose single layers.

I know that i can enable or disable the .psd layers in publisher, but if i have the same two picture in one document and disable one layer, the changes will be seen in both images on the desktop.

Thank you!

On 4/14/2019 at 2:49 PM, supertramp said:

I know that i can enable or disable the .psd layers in publisher, but if i have the same two picture in one document and disable one layer, the changes will be seen in both images on the desktop.

If you just copy the picture, it's the same for APub. You should place the image again. Then you can treat the layers in each image differently.

1 hour ago, supertramp said:

But it would be great to have a feature for editing clipping paths and alpha channels, because often you have different paths in one .psd file.

I miss this, for example, in text wrapping. I posted this in a separate thread: