You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to Improve Poster Design?

meat.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

farmermarket poster1.jpg

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

There should be no spaces in the domain name “CraftsburyFarmersMarket.com”. When not used as part of the domain name, “Farmers’ Market” should have an apostrophe; I’m not convinced that it needs the black outline.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Honestly, I think it is a good design, love the graphic, the only niggle for me is the angled text at the top and the web address having uppercase letters. The only other thing would be to add a QRcode so modern farmer types can scan that and go to the website on their farmobiles.

craftsburyfarmersmarket_com.png.8183c5b6f1e3e06fcb45dbcee21fe1bb.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I see this at the top of the website’s home page:

78F706CB-32A6-408D-8505-FC27F5B8980A.thumb.jpeg.6eab2dc94eae61af7d5f1bacb2e4bffe.jpeg

For consistent branding, it would be better to have the same font (Aclonica, for those wondering) on the poster.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

The picture shows, that the background has been erased / cut out (a lighter line is visible on the edge). I recommend deleting it properly, or try Outline (center or inside align).

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

For me the full green background is overpowering and the fonts don't seem to work. My suggestions is a white background with sharp fonts, fully remove the background of the second photo. For inspiration you should check graphicriver.

1 hour ago, firstdefence said:

the web address having uppercase letters.

I like cased web addresses. What's easier to read, craftsburyfarmersmarket.com or CraftsburyFarmersMarket.com? It's much easier to pick out the words that comprise the URL i the later example. 

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

I think your poster looks nice. I like the original graphic better than images. I thing it gives a 'farmers' market' feel to the poster.

I don't like the word 'Craftsbury' being included in the graphic, and in a different font than the remainder of the name. 

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

15 hours ago, casterle said:

I think your poster looks nice. I like the original graphic better than images. I thing it gives a 'farmers' market' feel to the poster.

I don't like the word 'Craftsbury' being included in the graphic, and in a different font than the remainder of the name. 

I concur with @casterle. We must think on the same wavelength.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

I like the graphic but I think if you want to include the word "Craftsbury" in it (which I see nothing wrong with doing) I think it should stand out a bit more, like with thicker outline strokes and/or a bolder line weight. The 'celebrating' text looks a bit out of place tucked into the corner & maybe a little too small for its celebratory theme. If the poster is large enough & 18 years of longevity is important, it might be better to place it elsewhere & devote more space to it.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7