You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Assets Not Appearing in Designer and Publisher

?WHERE HAVE MY ASSETS GONE?

I have been trialling Publisher Beta 1.7.0.292 and notice that no default Assets Categories are present.  The same applies in my Designer Installation... (Designer 1.61)..

I have tried the "Import Assets" option in both Designer and Publisher and cannot find any Asset folders/files to import.  Can you tell me where they are located, or alternatively how I can download them.

If I create a new Asset Category I cannot create my own Asset images?... any png/jpg/ or Affinity format images are grayed out?

Please help on both above Asset problems

Many thanks

amcd

See:

Usually you can create your own assets and export those for external storage. Of course you can also import assets files. - You can find some user contributed assets among the Resources section postings.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Thanks for your response.. the links were very helpful....

I have now created a "test" custom Asset file in Designer and that is just fine, no problems using that in any Designer file.

But.... When I import this into Publisher, the scaling of images is wrong and text frames also appear with different font sizes when compared to using the Asset in Designer.

So......

In Publisher, I tried to create a new custom Asset.... but I cannot drag ANY images or text frames into the Assets panel ( this was no problem in Designer). so I am unable to create any new assets in Publisher.

I wonder what I am doing wrong.

Many thanks

amcd

Edited by amcd
Spelling mistake

1 hour ago, amcd said:

In Publisher, I tried to create a new custom Asset.... but I cannot drag ANY images or text frames into the Assets panel ( this was no problem in Designer). so I am unable to create any new assets in Publisher.

I wonder what I am doing wrong.

Rather than dragging, select the object, then click on the Hamburger menu on the Asset subcategory, and choose Add from Selection.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, amcd said:

I have now created a "test" custom Asset file in Designer and that is just fine, no problems using that in any Designer file.

But.... When I import this into Publisher, the scaling of images is wrong and text frames also appear with different font sizes when compared to using the Asset in Designer.

Document DPI differences, perhaps?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Thank you Walt...

Now able to create Assets in Publisher as you suggest. Many thanks.....

Checked for dpi of page in both Designer and Publisher, both 300....

I created new test Designer Asset with image and text fields...  Import into Publisher still same problem... ( the scaling of images is wrong and text frames also appear with different font sizes when compared to using the Asset in Designer. )

Then tried to import Publisher created .afassets into Designer .... Failed..... Designer Error Message see attached file.

Maybe cross compatibility problems exist between Designer and Publisher Beta in respect of .afassets ??????

Cheers

amcd

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 16.24.03.png

5 hours ago, amcd said:

Then tried to import Publisher created .afassets into Designer .... Failed..... Designer Error Message see attached file.

Which version of Designer? I haven't tested it myself but it could be that 1.7 version assets are not compatible with 1.6 versions, similar to how documents created in the 1.7 betas are not compatible with the 1.6 retail apps.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

7 minutes ago, amcd said:

I have Designer 1.6.1 as 1.7 is till in Beta.

And so is Publisher, but you're using it :) (And you can use the 1.7 Designer beta without disrupting your work with 1.6.)

Seriously, though, don't try to share data of any kind from 1.7 to 1.6. Sharing the other way (1.6 to 1.7) should work.

-- Walt
PC: