You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I was told to move over here did know this was here lol. 

Ok, I make a file for a 110-page book. I had tested before on the same kind of thing but a simpler version just in case it did not work being it is BETA. Worked perfectly, mind you I don't know publisher that well but, I save as and saved as PDF perfect. Then today I made something harder for me took all day lol. Well when I saved it when the with the 2 pages next to each other looked great but, then I unchecked page facing and that is when all the problems began. A lot of the pages don't come up. I put it back to page facing and they are all there. Did this a few times, restarted program and computer and tried a bunch of times and same thing. Then I came on here, and here I am still wondering why it worked yesterday and not today. But I decided to uninstall it and install again and this box popped up, thought you might want to see this. 

Screenshot 2019-04-13 20.12.41.png

Windows 10 desktop ram 8g 

14 hours ago, Diane Window 10 Desktop AD said:

I was told to move over here did know this was here lol. 

Ok, I make a file for a 110-page book. I had tested before on the same kind of thing but a simpler version just in case it did not work being it is BETA. Worked perfectly, mind you I don't know publisher that well but, I save as and saved as PDF perfect. Then today I made something harder for me took all day lol. Well when I saved it when the with the 2 pages next to each other looked great but, then I unchecked page facing and that is when all the problems began. A lot of the pages don't come up. I put it back to page facing and they are all there. Did this a few times, restarted program and computer and tried a bunch of times and same thing. Then I came on here, and here I am still wondering why it worked yesterday and not today. But I decided to uninstall it and install again and this box popped up, thought you might want to see this. 

Screenshot 2019-04-13 20.12.41.png

You will probably receive more help with any problems you chance upon if you post in the Bugs in Affinity Publisher Beta for Windows part of these forums.    You are posting on the MAC site.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

53 minutes ago, jmwellborn said:

You will probably receive more help with any problems you chance upon if you post in the Bugs in Affinity Publisher Beta for Windows part of these forums.    You are posting on the MAC site.

Report bugs in Publisher beta on Windows

It’s also helpful if you choose a more descriptive thread title than ‘problem’. This will make your thread both more noticeable in the forum index and easier for users to find via a search.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Looking at the screenshot I assume the app crashed recently and was still running as a background process. Did you get a crash before this happened?

Are you still able to reproduce the issue with facing pages "removing" pages? I've seen another report of that but haven't been able to reproduce it, so if you could provide the file that would be useful.

Thanks!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Funny thing is no it did not crash. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and same issue. I do use it but I use it like 1 page all the way down, and it is ok. But I DO NOT USE page facing anymore. Wish they fix this really cool program, but I am afraid to use it now. I would love to learn more about it to use it more.

Ok, I uploaded it. I just did an upgrade on the APub. I was hoping that fixed it but, nope still doing the same thing. Just to say again what is happening. It will be coming to you with page facing, when I click that off it changes to single pages all the way down. The problem is that starting at page 27 and always starting there it will have pages missing. If I put it back to page facing they are all there again. I hope it does it for you, but that would mean it is the program right. Well good luck, I just make the stuff I want to make with just 1 page all the way down. Oh I just discovered Master they are GREAT. Thank you for helping.

• Staff

Hi Diane,

I'm glad you've discovered Master Pages, I noticed your document didn't have one at all and they can be useful!

I have reproduced this issue with your document. I've not had much chance to look into why this might be happening for now but have logged it for the developers to see, as it shouldn't be losing content when switching off facing pages.

Thanks for reporting this, I'll update you if I get any more information.

16 minutes ago, Jon P said:

I'm glad you've discovered Master Pages, I noticed your document didn't have one at all and they can be useful!

I’m sure this has been discussed before, Jon, but why doesn’t a new document in Affinity Publisher automatically have a Master Page (as it would in PagePlus)? If you don’t need any Master Page objects you just don’t create them, but the MP is alway there if needed.

Alfred spacer.png

Jon just a note, not for that file but when I go to load files it sometimes says that it is missing part of the file would I like to locate it. I did not embed anything in any of my files don't know enough to do that lol. Just an FYI thing, if you like me to screenshot it and send the file if it does it again I would be glad to do that for you. Thank you for your time.

2 minutes ago, Jon P said:

@Alfred The "Default master" option is ticked by default (or is for me after a reset) so new documents should have a default master, did you untick this?

Ah, my bad, Jon! I was going by previous discussions of this issue, and instead of checking to see what happens in the current beta I simply assumed that Diane was seeing the default behaviour. :$

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff

Hi @Diane Window 10 Desktop AD,

We've looked into this file, the issue with certain content being lost is because you have one group covering 2 pages, so all the content is essentially on the "left" spread, and thus no content appears on the right when you disable facing pages.

For example, if you disable facing pages and navigate to page 28, you'll notice that page has both pages worth of content on in one group, if you un group this you can see the "lost" content.

Thanks

• Staff

Page 28 looks fine, however page 27 is empty. this is because the content for page 27 is on page 28 (to clarify this after disabling facing pages)

If you look at page 28 and look at the layers tab you will see one group that contains 2 more groups, which have each pages content.

It may have been when you changed size, but it looks like two pages worth of content have been grouped together, which will cause confusion when disabling facing pages, as one group can only exist on one page and our app will struggle to figure out which content belongs on which page.

5 hours ago, Jon P said:

one group can only exist on one page and our app will struggle to figure out which content belongs on which page.

Suggest when this comes up the group (or otherwise) should be duplicated and placed on both pages, then content which is outside of the bleed area of either page removed from the group on that page.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.