You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am making a low content book and have finished it finally. Saved it and as long as there are 2 pages side by side they are all there. As soon as I uncheck facing pages off so many pages are missing. I thought cause loading so but I waited like 20 min this time and still missing. I put it back to facing pages and they are there again. What is going on, this is not the first that I made and they were all good now I am having nothing but problems. 6x9 windows 10 desktop. Thank you

Windows 10 desktop ram 8g 

What do you mean by low content? How many pages is the book? What does 6x9 windows mean -- page size or something else & what units?

Keep in mind that Publisher is BETA software intended for testing, not production work:

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Low content means in this case like a journal you can make up to sell on Amazon. People buy them to right there thought in there. This one took me all day to do cause I am new to publisher. No 6x9 is size of the book and window 10 is my computer. They always ask that so I just put it in there. I know it is beta but I had tested it out for this stuff before I did something that was going to take me long. Everything I tried was doing great, but now all of a sudden it will not switch all the page to single all the way down. I have 110 pages. 

1 minute ago, Diane Window 10 Desktop AD said:

6x9 is size of the book

Size in inches, presumably? 6 × 9 cm would be rather small!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I just created a 6" x 9" 110 page book with Facing Pages, and switched it to non-Facing. It took a few seconds, but all the pages were present afterward. I switched it back to Facing, and all pages are still there.

I'm not sure what might be happening to you. Have you tried restarting Publisher?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 minutes ago, Diane Window 10 Desktop AD said:

They always ask that so I just put it in there.

IIRC, @Alfred suggested that you put your OS & Affinity app info in your signature so that you won't have to add it to each post. In this reply, he included the link to where you can do that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

6x9 inches and I did it the yesterday on another book (different but same size) and it worked perfectly. But now nothing but problems, I can't get it to come back all the way. It was only taking second for me also but now you got me. I restarted the program the computer I tried 10 by now and nope will not load all the pages

The only way to test this is to upload the document so we can take a look at how you have it laid out and if we experience the same issue as you. sometimes it's a simple miss but until we see the actual document it's a guessing game.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

David, I know that is beta so that is why I tested it first and did everything the same as the one that worked. I would think that part of the beta would keep working the same way but I guess not. I still have it done just can't use it till they get this fixed. So would like to make my book now but if I have to use it later I guess I will have to wait. Just worked hard on it cause for the most part really new to publisher but it came nice and was upset, not mad.

David, I know that is beta so that is why I tested it first and did everything the same as the one that worked. I would think that part of the beta would keep working the same way but I guess not.

Did your test document(s) have similar content & number of pages compared to this one? If not, that might explain why it isn't working the same way.

Regardless, this is a good example of why they say the beta should not be used for any project if you can not afford to lose your work.

Affinity Photo 

I did not lose my work it is all saved and good to go. I just can't get it to be in a single file meaning 1 page at a time not page facing or whatever they call it. When they get this but fixed I have all work save no problems just have to wait instead of using it now. AND PLEASE DON'T TELL ME I MAY LOSE IT I DON'T NEED TO KNOW THAT RIGHT NOW

44 minutes ago, Diane Window 10 Desktop AD said:

I did not lose my work it is all saved and good to go. I just can't get it to be in a single file meaning 1 page at a time not page facing or whatever they call it.

If you're creating a PDF, just select "Area: All Pages" rather than "Area: All Spreads" in the Export dialog.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Well... The beta comments are already made, so I won't do that. Or did I...? ;)

If your other documents -do- work just fine, it might be -this- document that has gone haywire somehow. Maybe a bad save? Or a embedded graphic that is causing the issue?
There are some unknowns right now, without you doing some more testing on the file.
Can you open up previous versions of the document, and see if the problem is there too? Never ever stick to one file over a project.... Save many versions and save often.

Try to be a bit methodical in finding the issue.
If this is a bug, it will help the peeps at Affinty fix it for the other users. Just shouting 'OMG BBQ I'M SO UPSET' doesn't really help anyone. ;)

good luck hunting :)

rob

Windows 11 - 23H2 ⊕ ASUS PRIME X670E-Pro ⊕ AMD Ryzen 9-7900X ⊕ Arctic Liquid Cooler II ⊕ 64GB RAM ⊕ OS SSD Samsung 980Pro 2Tb ⊕ Cache SSD Samsung 870 EVO 1Tb ⊕ Video HD WD Blue 4Tb ⊕ Geforce RTX 3060 12Gb ⊕ BenQ SW270C ⊕ Dell U2412M ⊕ Affinity Photo 2.3.x ⊕ Affinity Designer 2.3.x ⊕ Affinity Publisher 2.3.x

1 hour ago, RobWu said:

Never ever stick to one file over a project.... Save many versions and save often.

And save them to at least two different places (local drives and/or cloud storage). This is always important but doubly so when working with beta software.

Affinity Photo 

Funny thing is I am learning but I was smart enough to save just like you said. Cloud on multiple ways and I made the page's assets. I did not know what master pages where so when I messed with that some I just made another book with my assets on MASTERS. I LOVE MASTERS AND ASSETS. So the book is up and as long as I put it up using unchecked page facing I was good. I will stay away from that for now. THANK YOU ALL FOR HELP ME:)

56 minutes ago, R C-R said:

And save them to at least two different places (local drives and/or cloud storage). This is always important but doubly so when working with beta software.

Well..... Having backups should be a no-brainer for everybody. But unfortunately this is not always the case.
The backups, not the brain thing.... ;)

Still running a RAID based server with a rotating, double based, backup scheme. And some of the data is in the cloud as well. One can never be careful enough. Especially with ransomware attacks.
Have your data on multiple places people! :)

Windows 11 - 23H2 ⊕ ASUS PRIME X670E-Pro ⊕ AMD Ryzen 9-7900X ⊕ Arctic Liquid Cooler II ⊕ 64GB RAM ⊕ OS SSD Samsung 980Pro 2Tb ⊕ Cache SSD Samsung 870 EVO 1Tb ⊕ Video HD WD Blue 4Tb ⊕ Geforce RTX 3060 12Gb ⊕ BenQ SW270C ⊕ Dell U2412M ⊕ Affinity Photo 2.3.x ⊕ Affinity Designer 2.3.x ⊕ Affinity Publisher 2.3.x

What is ransomware attacks? I saw on tv where they hacked a hospital and until they paid money they could not get online with patient records, like that? If so my stuff is not important to anyone but me lol. But thank you I do back up everything just on could and in different formats just in case:)

What is ransomware attacks?

Ransomware is a form of extortion. It is based on the value you place on your stuff.

Affinity Photo 

1 minute ago, Diane Window 10 Desktop AD said:

Thank you that is what happened on the tv show. Did know they did that in real life that is messed up.

I assume you meant that you did not know that happens in real life, but yes, it really does happen to millions of people.

Affinity Photo 

21 hours ago, R C-R said:

I assume you meant that you did not know that happens in real life, but yes, it really does happen to millions of people.

Not just people, but hospitals, businesses, ports, governments etc. etc.
Cyber-attacks are getting more and more sophisticated, and scary imho.
But that discussion is a subject of its own, and would not fit here ;)

On 4/13/2019 at 7:57 PM, R C-R said:

IIRC, @Alfred suggested that you put your OS & Affinity app info in your signature so that you won't have to add it to each post.

The problem is that if your configuration changes and you update your signature, it will update in older posts too, so it may be misleading when someone looks at an older post and sees that something was happening and assumes that the configuration in the signature was in use, when in fact it might have changed since then.

For example, I was seeing a crash that someone else reported that was happening when I was running MacOS 10.12, but have since then updated to 10.13 and that crash is no longer happening.  If I had 10.12 in my signature and relied on that when reporting the bug, then after updating my signature to say 10.13, it might be misinterpreted to suggest that the crash was happening under 10.13, which at least for me it is not.