Hi! Does it make sense to wait for the light version for the iPhone in the near future?

I really miss the pocket vector editor for accurate sketches ... with symmetry and sticking on the grid

Or can you recommend an application from another manufacturer? ;-)

Honestly on a small screen device like an iPhone nothing like that is seriously comfortable to use.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.0 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.0 ◆ OSX El Capitan

20 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Honestly on a small screen device like an iPhone nothing like that is seriously comfortable to use.

iPhoneX + Procreate + wacom... is very convenient solution B| I can even solve professional problems.  

but not in vector ;-)

4 minutes ago, R28 said:

iPhoneX + Procreate + wacom... is very convenient solution

Not compared to an iPad, particularly one that supports the Apple Pencil. It is also a lot cheaper if you use a non-Pro iPad that supports the original Pencil. $600 US will cover the cost of the new iPad Air with 64 GB of storage (but no cellular connectivity) plus a first generation Apple Pencil.

Affinity Photo 1.7.0 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.135 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0.9 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

Yes, but for me there are no advantages, it does not fit into my pocket and on the move I will not quickly work with such a thing ... 

And if I'm sitting, then there is a laptop ;-) or a desktop computer. 

1 hour ago, R28 said:

Yes, but for me there are no advantages, it does not fit into my pocket and on the move I will not quickly work with such a thing ... 

So does your Wacom fit in your pocket? :35_thinking:

As for working while on the move, iPads are very well suited for that -- in fact, I don't know anyone, myself included, who owns one who does not routinely use it that way.

Affinity Photo 1.7.0 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.135 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0.9 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

57 minutes ago, R28 said:

wacom stylus! :D :4_joy:

Ah, OK. It does not compare well vs. the Apple Pencil & iPads that support it, but it seems to be the best choice currently for use with iPhones.

Well there are so many iOS (iPhone/iPad) drawing tools available, thus just naming a few of these here (and only those who also claim to run on iPhones) ...

• ArtStudio Pro
  • Linea Painter
  • Medibang Paint
  • Photoshop Sketch
  • Autodesk SketchBook
  • Graphic for iPhone
  • Sketches Pro
  • Vectornator
  • ... and so on ...

On 4/20/2019 at 5:30 AM, v_kyr said:

Well there are so many iOS (iPhone/iPad) drawing tools available, thus just naming a few of these here (and only those who also claim to run on iPhones) ...

• ArtStudio Pro
  • Linea Painter
  • Medibang Paint
  • Photoshop Sketch
  • Autodesk SketchBook
  • Graphic for iPhone
  • Sketches Pro
  • Vectornator
  • ... and so on ...

Do they all work with a vector with snapping to a grid?

AFAIK few of them are real vector apps (Graphics, Vectornator), most are probably bitmap painting apps. You have to look yourself on the AppStore and the respective websites of those tools what they finally offer.

I understood you. ;-) Thanks for the information! 
But still Affinity Designer for iPhone will be very useful for many professionals!  I really hope that the developers will soon be engaged in this...

On 4/18/2019 at 9:20 PM, R28 said:

And if I'm sitting, then there is a laptop ;-) or a desktop computer. 

R28, I think you are simply right, an iPad takes nearly the same space as a laptop, if we want to speak about portability, than we should consider smartphones.

I've got AP and AD on my macbook pro 13" but my work stops every time I don't have it with me. I just made one starting with Vectornator on my iPhone and finishing with AD on my mac, but why should I use two different softwares that are not compatible with the risk to waste a lot of time?

39 minutes ago, rbrx said:

an iPad takes nearly the same space as a laptop

An iPad with a 12.9" screen might take up nearly as much space as a MacBook Pro with a 13" screen, but I imagine it would be quite a bit thinner. My iPad Air 2, which has a 9.7" screen, is half the size of my 14" Windows laptop (and a small fraction of the thickness and weight).

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

I'm almost sure it doesn't fit your pocket and you have to carry it in a bag... Am I wrong?

6 minutes ago, rbrx said:

I'm almost sure it doesn't fit your pocket and you have to carry it in a bag... Am I wrong?

I probably don’t have many pockets big enough to accommodate it (although I do have one or two!) but that wasn’t the main point of my post. I was picking up on your comparison of your MBP with a large iPad, and contrasting it with my comparison between my smallish laptop and my much smaller iPad Air 2.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

1 hour ago, rbrx said:

You are not wrong about that, but the idea of "quickly" getting much work done on a device with a screen that would fit in my pocket, particularly while I am on the move, seems overly optimistic. If nothing else, the amount of zooming & scrolling required to work on small scale details would slow things to a crawl for me & limit how long I could keep at it without my hand cramping up.

It would be nice if one could at least open the images (pan and scan) on an iPhone. By the way, in iOS 12.3.1 I can't even see a preview of the image from the files app.

Affinity Photo/Affinity Designer | macOS 10.14 Mojave | MBP13 2013

31 minutes ago, RNKLN said:

It would be nice if one could at least open the images (pan and scan) on an iPhone.

But how would that help anyone get more than the barest minimum of work done?

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

But how would that help anyone get more than the barest minimum of work done?

Not at all, but I would like it. I often check affinity files from my phone but currently it's just a preview in files app. 

Affinity Photo/Affinity Designer | macOS 10.14 Mojave | MBP13 2013