You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export persona scale problems

Hi,

AD is giving me half of the size when exporting slices. I have changed the DPI mid-project, but the UI is reporting all the good sizes in the transform panel. However, slices need 2X export option to meet the same dimensions as in the design.

I am attaching the file if someone wants to see for themselves. Never encountered an incorrect size export in 1.6, just some problems with the pixel rounding.

Wishlist time: could I perhaps see the document's units instead of the pixels in the slice window? Also, is there a way to rearrange slices om the stack instead of having this halfbaked array?

Slice stack.png

cm please.png

Honda Civic 93 Maketas_Gamybai.afdesign

• Staff

Hi Fantomasas,

Technically this is by design (albeit one I'm not a fan of), and does happen in 1.6

Because your document is set to 144 DPI the Export Persona automatically creates half size exports when outputting to 1x format, the correct size when outputting at 2x, and double size when out putting at 3x. If you work at 288dpi, then your document will export at the correct size when using 3x, half size then using 2x and then half that when using 1x.

If you work at any other DPI other than those 2 then you should be ok!

Hope that helps!

• 5 months later...
On 4/18/2019 at 7:05 AM, Sean P said:

Because your document is set to 144 DPI the Export Persona automatically creates half size exports when outputting to 1x format, the correct size when outputting at 2x, and double size when out putting at 3x. If you work at 288dpi, then your document will export at the correct size when using 3x, half size then using 2x and then half that when using 1x.

If you work at any other DPI other than those 2 then you should be ok!

Hope that helps!

I have no idea what you just said, neither would I ever remember it. Why trip up the customers so deliberately ?

• 1 month later...

Wow!

I usually work at 144 DPI when preparing web images, so that images don't look terrible if people decide to print my web pages.

I've only just realised why so many images look fuzzy on screen when I thought they were @2x.... I now know they're not actually retina!

I don't understand why Serif have confused print (dpi) with digital pixels.

The dpi makes no difference when rendered in a web browser and no difference to the file size... and there's no such thing as "retina paper" - so why conflate the two different concepts?

Please re-consider 

• 2 weeks later...

This method of scaling is really confusing to me. I wish you could set the largest "x" and AF would scale down from there. For example I have an image that is 4096px wide. I want that to be the @4x image. AF would then create the @4x (4096px wide), @3x (3072), @2x (2048) and finally 1024px wide.

Without that being possible currently, how do I export those five image variants? Any help is appreciated!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.