You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color-Panel: Reset to B/W ?

2 hours ago, Fritz_H said:

Reset the selection of foreground and background-Color to Black&White

2 hours ago, Fritz_H said:

is the noise-Option "hidden" intentionally?

Yes - (D) Opacity/Noise toggle

https://affinity.help/photo/English.lproj/pages/Panels/clrPanel.html

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

The question is not if there is any shortcut to reset colour panel to b&w. It is that is there any command to reset it to b&w? So far I have not found one.

Maybe opacity/noise symbol should be a double too: 342665492_Screenshot629_optimized.jpg.f1fc0ddb7346ffd5f727947dc44b1079.jpg

If you read what MEB (and Albert) said in Psenda's post above, you'll see that it's very simple to add a keyboard shortcut to reset to black and white.

(I think the double opacity/noise is a very good idea!)

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

4 hours ago, PaulEC said:

If you read what MEB (and Albert) said in Psenda's post above, you'll see that it's very simple to add a keyboard shortcut to reset to black and white.

I then presume only way to reset to b&w is to assign a shortcut to it. Funny, usually shortcuts are based to actual menu commands but this has no longcut version :-)

11 minutes ago, Fixx said:

I then presume only way to reset to b&w is to assign a shortcut to it. Funny, usually shortcuts are based to actual menu commands but this has no longcut version :-)

@Fixx  I fully agree.
Thats not Shortcut but a "work-around".

kind regards
Fritz

"Perhaps a button to Reset the selection of foreground and background-Color to Black&White could be useful?"

"Thats not Shortcut but a "work-around"."

Setting up your own keyboard shortcut is not a work-around. It's just customising the program to suit yourself. What more do you want other than hitting one key! (As I remember there's the same keyboard shortcut in Photoshop.) Surely it's just as easy as hitting a button on screen.

"I then presume only way to reset to b&w is to assign a shortcut to it. Funny, usually shortcuts are based to actual menu commands but this has no longcut version :-)"

Good point. A menu command would seem obvious! 

At the end of the day Affinity IS NOT just a cheap version of Photoshop, some things are different. It doesn't have exactly the same commands, buttons, shortcuts etc, but it's quick and easy enough to set up keyboard shortcuts to do most things if you want to.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

1 hour ago, PaulEC said:

What more do you want other than hitting one key! (As I remember there's the same keyboard shortcut in Photoshop.) Surely it's just as easy as hitting a button on screen.

Except for people using a stylus and drawing tablet, for whom it may be easier to hit a button on the screen than to switch to the keyboard to press a key.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1