Hi,

Perhaps a button to Reset the selection of foreground and background-Color to Black&White could be useful?

2037635685_2019-04-1312_03_45-AffinityPhoto.png.4ee363e53eee1f7138267e391c641f26.png

BTW:
is the noise-Option "hidden" intentionally?

1992625767_2019-04-1312_10_23-AffinityPhoto.png.ffd92d1870e18d07e53197eb40129ca0.png

kind regards
Fritz

2 hours ago, Fritz_H said:

Reset the selection of foreground and background-Color to Black&White

2 hours ago, Fritz_H said:

is the noise-Option "hidden" intentionally?

Yes - (D) Opacity/Noise toggle

https://affinity.help/photo/English.lproj/pages/Panels/clrPanel.html

Affinity Photo 1.6.5.135, Affinity Designer 1.6.5.135. Affinity Store.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809, Build 17763.195.
Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.

33 minutes ago, Pšenda said:

This is not a satisfying answer, sorry.
sounds like: "sorry, that´s a feature company "A..." has a copyright on."

Fritz

The question is not if there is any shortcut to reset colour panel to b&w. It is that is there any command to reset it to b&w? So far I have not found one.

Maybe opacity/noise symbol should be a double too: 342665492_Screenshot629_optimized.jpg.f1fc0ddb7346ffd5f727947dc44b1079.jpg

If you read what MEB (and Albert) said in Psenda's post above, you'll see that it's very simple to add a keyboard shortcut to reset to black and white.

(I think the double opacity/noise is a very good idea!)

4 hours ago, PaulEC said:

If you read what MEB (and Albert) said in Psenda's post above, you'll see that it's very simple to add a keyboard shortcut to reset to black and white.

I then presume only way to reset to b&w is to assign a shortcut to it. Funny, usually shortcuts are based to actual menu commands but this has no longcut version :-)

11 minutes ago, Fixx said:

I then presume only way to reset to b&w is to assign a shortcut to it. Funny, usually shortcuts are based to actual menu commands but this has no longcut version :-)

@Fixx  I fully agree.
Thats not Shortcut but a "work-around".

kind regards
Fritz

"Perhaps a button to Reset the selection of foreground and background-Color to Black&White could be useful?"

"Thats not Shortcut but a "work-around"."

Setting up your own keyboard shortcut is not a work-around. It's just customising the program to suit yourself. What more do you want other than hitting one key! (As I remember there's the same keyboard shortcut in Photoshop.) Surely it's just as easy as hitting a button on screen.

"I then presume only way to reset to b&w is to assign a shortcut to it. Funny, usually shortcuts are based to actual menu commands but this has no longcut version :-)"

Good point. A menu command would seem obvious! 

At the end of the day Affinity IS NOT just a cheap version of Photoshop, some things are different. It doesn't have exactly the same commands, buttons, shortcuts etc, but it's quick and easy enough to set up keyboard shortcuts to do most things if you want to.

1 hour ago, PaulEC said:

What more do you want other than hitting one key! (As I remember there's the same keyboard shortcut in Photoshop.) Surely it's just as easy as hitting a button on screen.

Except for people using a stylus and drawing tablet, for whom it may be easier to hit a button on the screen than to switch to the keyboard to press a key.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta