Jump to content
amandas

Suggest you increase price and boost development

Recommended Posts

Hi,

As the title suggests. I am a fan of your software, it has good architecture and is capable of besting Adobe products in long run, only I feel the the development is too slow. I don't mind paying twice the current price for each of your products - maybe a poll among the users about that?

 

Best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MYai2LJ.png


I gave up using Designer for hobby use - a "professional" vector drawing program without actual vector features. Customers waiting for five years in vain is more than any company can ask for. Maybe if Affinity Designer 2.0 gets real and advanced vector features I can use it. Until then... I am a customer, a potential upgrader and an active observer with an opinion. Currently I am slowly finishing a project I started in Designer.

Further... give up and please hire an UX (usability designer), Serif. It is how professional software is made in this century.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd happily pay more ($80 per app, $63 on sale is still cheaper than Adobe) if it meant Serif could develop their DAM quicker. I'd also suggest: prioritising a desktop DAM over a tablet Publisher–desktop publishing is better done on a desktop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

don't mind paying twice the current price for each of your products

Or keep the price the same, but add subscription option for separate products and the entire suit. Personally, I am still on the fence. When/if Serif adds a web builder, I'd buy the web builder and Publisher immediately, maybe photo as well. If office subscription is available by that time, I'd rather buy the entire suite subscription.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone who works on both Windows and Mac, the price is already effectively double.  The whole suite for both platforms is currently just short of £300, so doubling the cost of each product on each platform would take it close to £600.  I think many individuals and small businesses would have to think carefully about that, particularly if paid upgrades were to become more frequent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to understand that they're a small company, they don't have many developers. Even if they increase prices, it won't lead to boosted development.

What I also think is that they might be delaying some features for version 2.0, so just be patient a little bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.