amandas

Suggest you increase price and boost development

Hi,

As the title suggests. I am a fan of your software, it has good architecture and is capable of besting Adobe products in long run, only I feel the the development is too slow. I don't mind paying twice the current price for each of your products - maybe a poll among the users about that?

Best

I'd happily pay more ($80 per app, $63 on sale is still cheaper than Adobe) if it meant Serif could develop their DAM quicker. I'd also suggest: prioritising a desktop DAM over a tablet Publisher–desktop publishing is better done on a desktop.

don't mind paying twice the current price for each of your products

Or keep the price the same, but add subscription option for separate products and the entire suit. Personally, I am still on the fence. When/if Serif adds a web builder, I'd buy the web builder and Publisher immediately, maybe photo as well. If office subscription is available by that time, I'd rather buy the entire suite subscription.

For anyone who works on both Windows and Mac, the price is already effectively double.  The whole suite for both platforms is currently just short of £300, so doubling the cost of each product on each platform would take it close to £600.  I think many individuals and small businesses would have to think carefully about that, particularly if paid upgrades were to become more frequent.

You have to understand that they're a small company, they don't have many developers. Even if they increase prices, it won't lead to boosted development.

What I also think is that they might be delaying some features for version 2.0, so just be patient a little bit.