GokhanEser

Affinity Designer stroke or +outer shadow line problem

I tried to explain with pictures. When I add "stroke or +effect" in the design, there are line problems. The problem continues when I export this file.

Ekran Resmi 2019-04-12 10.34.48.png

Ekran Resmi 2019-04-12 10.29.30.png

Ekran Resmi 2019-04-12 10.29.46.png

Ekran Resmi 2019-04-12 10.30.07.png

Ekran Resmi 2019-04-13 11.18.27.png

Ekran Resmi 2019-04-13 11.19.02.png

Export.png

You posted regarding exactly the same problem yesterday and I explained that it is a limitation, not a bug, and I gave you an easy workaround.

Posted (edited)

I understand you very well, but the workaround is not a result. My insistence on this is to correct this problem. Why I create 2 layers for such a feature? I can do this properly with Corel or Ai. But my choice is Affinity Designer. I'm saying it because it's boring.

Edited by Gokhan Eser

Posted (edited)

Probably I have opened a previous issue to the wrong place. My purpose is to assist the Affinity Designer team.

Edited by Gokhan Eser

2 hours ago, GokhanEser said:

I understand you very well, but the workaround is not a result. My insistence on this is to correct this problem. Why I create 2 layers for such a feature? I can do this properly with Corel or Ai. But my choice is Affinity Designer. I'm saying it because it's boring.

The workaround does not involve two layers. Try following the instructions carefully:

Instead of an outside-aligned stroke, use a centre-aligned stroke with "Draw stroke behind" enabled. Double the width of the stroke to achieve the same appearance as the outside-aligned stroke.

2 hours ago, GokhanEser said:

My insistence on this is to correct this problem.

You've posted in the bugs forum after being told hours earlier that the problem is not a bug, but something that needs improved. There is a suggestions forum for improvement requests.