You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Selecting images is already painful.. but creating photo books is even worse. I have written a small web application that does the design for you. If you want to try it, have a look at book.mercatot.li. Upload images, rearrange if necessary, select book format, wait half a minute and the book is done. At the moment, it produces books for printing with Blurb,

• 3 years later...

PCam, I know this is an old post, but I am hoping that you are still making photo books with Publisher. Your photo book is amazing! Simply gorgeous! I have been using the online workspace at Shutterfly and it's horribly punishing! So I'm making the switch to using Publisher. My primary interest is photos and photo books from my travels and I am getting behind, so I need to be able to complete them more efficiently, which is why I hope Publisher will be a good choice--seems very streamlined.

Do you have your books printed or keep them as ebooks? 

Hoping to make a connection,

ElleGee68
Charlotte, NC

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/21/2022 at 1:50 PM, RogerFx said:

Hello,

Anyone has news about book publishers that work really good with Affinity Publisher?

Or templates that are pre defined to specs of blurb or photobooks pro using Affinity Publisher?

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

Hi RogerFx, Although I haven't used them, Presto Photo seems well set up to work with files generated with Affinity Publisher:  https://www.prestophoto.com/help/Affinity+Publisher

Also, I found a web designer/trainer on Youtube (Elaine Giles) who has created two excellent tutorials specifically on how to use Affinity Publisher to create photobooks. In the first one she goes into great detail on how to create the specs page for any photobook printer. Very helpful!  In the video description she has provided a linked index to each topic she covers, so you can save time if you prefer.

Cheers!

Elle Gee
Charlotte, NC

6 hours ago, ElleGee said:

Hi RogerFx, Although I haven't used them, Presto Photo seems well set up to work with files generated with Affinity Publisher:  https://www.prestophoto.com/help/Affinity+Publisher

Also, I found a web designer/trainer on Youtube (Elaine Giles) who has created two excellent tutorials specifically on how to use Affinity Publisher to create photobooks. In the first one she goes into great detail on how to create the specs page for any photobook printer. Very helpful!  In the video description she has provided a linked index to each topic she covers, so you can save time if you prefer.

Cheers!

Elle Gee
Charlotte, NC

Thanks for the input. I will look into it.

Roger