What have done or not done ?. I did have Ap as the default ext editor; however after opening a file with Nic Color pro 2; I cannot get Ap to be the default again. From memory, I had a few dramas originally .
>> Lr preferences > external editing > choose >Affinity > photo icon --- however that does not replace the Nic apps.
The work around is export >folder > Ap > open > save > import to Lr . yep much easier straight from lr5
Would be great if we could remove the Ps option so we can have two defaults 

Thanks for your thoughts

ap lr.jpg

lr ap 2.jpg

What happens when you press Choose then navigate to the Photo.exe and select it again? It look like LR forgot where that file is located. After doing that you may have to Save it as a new preset and possibly name or rename it.

Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367, ; Win10 Home Version:1803, Build: 17134.706: Intel i7-4770, 3.40GHz, 16GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 645 

Thanks @Ron P. . I have tried it a number of times --- have restarted the computer with no happy effect 

Up to now, Ian.  I have had no significant problems.  Later. choose my image to be utilised by Affinity Photo.

From memory -  jpeg,  Though I should consider TIFF.    Hope that helps!

Jafa - Just Another Fantastic Aucklander

(Jim)

Windows 10

Affinity Photo 1.7

Nik Collection

Amd processor 6 Core,  8 Mgs RAM

I'm getting this today :( with those similar setting to @Sheltieuk

Simple stuff like this really getting under my skin>:(

And once I had  it set up @Jaffa I have had no drama; although if I did open a file in another App (nic) I needed to reset Ap as default editor --- didn't work this time 

ap lr.jpg

Now don't ask the simple question as I have no idea how made it work even though it's now somewhat different

Thanks for help and ideas; I'm sure one has worked somehow . If I work out how I will share