Pattou

.293 beta - improved stability but still crashes when...

I have edited a few pictures to test the new .293 beta, from a single raw to focus & hdr merge.

The app is more stable. It crashes only once : when I closed the document, the app closed too. This beta is slower previewing pictures (when you wish to select the file(s) for editing) but it might be due to something else.

@Mark Ingram I still can not use the Flood select tool with a value above 15%, otherwise pixels with very different hues or saturation are selected. I can only ask again whether you plan to increase the efficiency of the selection tools ? Thanks :)

Cheers,

P.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

What do you mean "slower previewing pictures"? Do you mean in the open dialog? If so, this is Windows Explorer providing the previews, not us. Could you just provide a screenshot of the preview that you're referring to?

18 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

What do you mean "slower previewing pictures"? Do you mean in the open dialog? If so, this is Windows Explorer providing the previews, not us. Could you just provide a screenshot of the preview that you're referring to?

Yes, the open dialogue. It is also concomitant with the last W10 update. I will try with other  apps. 

P. 

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

3 hours ago, Pattou said:

Yes, the open dialogue. It is also concomitant with the last W10 update. I will try with other  apps. 

P. 

OK - it may be that the latest update invalidated a lot of the thumbnail previews in Explorer, so was regenerating them as you opened the dialog. If you're still having problems, this would be an issue with Windows, or any third party software you have that integrates into Windows Explorer (i.e. thumbnail providers, WIC codecs, etc).

1 hour ago, Mark Ingram said:

OK - it may be that the latest update invalidated a lot of the thumbnail previews in Explorer, so was regenerating them as you opened the dialog. If you're still having problems, this would be an issue with Windows, or any third party software you have that integrates into Windows Explorer (i.e. thumbnail providers, WIC codecs, etc).

This is certainly due to a conflict between the last W10 updates and antivirus software which is causing performance issue and slowdowns and even OS freezes (reported issues).

Mark, any new info to give on the Flood Selection tool ? Thanks.

P.