You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for the iPad: Spacial Effects released at Udemy

Hi everyone,

Screen04Pencil.thumb.jpg.83ff7623b1aa2c8d2d71e227f440a87f.jpg

I've just released a new 4.5 hour course at Udemy called Affinity Photo for the iPad: Special Effects and for an introductory offer you can use this coupon - ESPECIALFXIPAD to get the course for $9.99 instead of the full price of $59.99until the end of Sunday 14th April.

The reason I did this course is because I've had a number of requests from people who use the iPad version of Affinity Photo but found it hard to adapt the tutorials from the desktop version of Affinity Photo: The Little Box of Tricks and Affinity Photo: Modern Special Effects to the iPad version. So I've taken a good cross section of the tutorials from both courses and recreated them for the iPad version of Affinity Photo.

Screen01Tiger.jpg.b7b1726b6bade9c25b70e2dcc8627ec6.jpg

In these tutorials I show you how to combine the various Affinity Photo tools to recreate many of the most popular photo effects you can see today, and maybe come up with your own signature look. I show you the right way to use the tools along with any potential problems and things to watch for when you create a series of stunning effects. But flexibility is key here, so I'll also show you several ways to adapt your new recipes to meet the needs of different images. I'll make recommendations about which images are suitable for which special effect, and I include all the images I use on the course so that you can download them and follow along.

Screen03Watercolour.thumb.jpg.95d79dca6a131c789eb166a1bd7e28c2.jpg

I assume a basic knowledge of Affinity Photo for the iPad - the kind of knowledge you can get from Affinity Photo for the iPad - and here's a coupon to get that course for $9.99 as well - EMOBILE. But, because we will be using some of the more professional grade tools, I provide some reference videos which isolate and explain how to use them.

It's so easy when you create an effect to get the feeling that the software is doing the talking for you. Well, we'll change that. I'll go into enough detail about how to use the tools and the right workflow to use that you will gain a deeper understanding of the entire process. You'll be creating stunning, flexible effects. You'll be making your photos shine!

Thanks for your time,

Simon

• 4 weeks later...

Just as a follow up to this announcement, I'd like to let people know that I've added a 70 page pdf which is available as a download from lecture 2. It gives extensive notes plus step by step pointers for all the techniques on the course. Along with screenshots. This is because I do courses myself, partly to learn new things, partly to go through the learning experience myself so that I get to walk a mile in my enrolees shoes. I've found the biggest thing that slows me down is having to make notes. So I've made the notes for you.

This doesn't affect the price of the course and the coupon in the above post is still valid. I just wanted to make it better for everyone.

Cheers,

Simon

14 minutes ago, RNKLN said:

Personally, i'm a big fan of spacial effect. :)

Me too! :D

F403CD9A-D477-4005-8561-4F3C706715FC.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

32 minutes ago, drippy cat said:

I was dog tired when I wrote the post.

Hmm ... a dog-tired drippy cat. Interesting! :P

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

It's my age. I get confused.

Oh - btw Alfred, I was in Scotland last Sunday with my younger son. We were at Edinburgh zoo taking photos. Loved the place! The mile is truly world class. I only apologised twice for being English. Once to the bus driver from Waverly to the zoo & again to the driver on the way back.

Cheers,

Soggy mutt.

(actually I think I prefer soggy mutt to drippy cat...)