woefi

[By Design] Photo beta .116 Localisation

(I found no other posting to collect all the possible localisation issues in photo, so I start a new one)

German: "Cyan", not "Zyan"

the color "Cyan" as in the "Selektive Farbkorrektur" or selective color correction is wrongly translated to "Zyan". I checked and it is also in the 1.6 release.

• Production-System: iMac (21,5-inch, Late 2013), 16GB RAM, 2TB nvme-SSD, running on 10.14.4 Mojave;
  • Display Setup: 27" Thunderbolt Display primary + 21,5" iMac-Display secondary for palettes;
  • Keyboard-Layout: German apple extended keyboard (aluminum);

Google Translate tells me that „das Zyan“ is cyanogen gas.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

DeepL uses Cyan for cyan and suggests Cyan for blue-green. Zyan is in the list of alternates, but not top of the list..

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.6.1 | Affinity Photo 1.6.7 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.337 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.0.127 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.12

On 4/18/2019 at 3:54 PM, GabrielM said:

Hi @woefi,

We have checked with our translator and both spellings are correct. 

I'm sorry, but while it's true that these both words exist in german, that does not mean they are used for the same thing.

If you talk to someone (german) in the printing-industry they will all tell you that the correct way to spell the name of the printing-plate as Cyan. That's technical language.

I'm reminded of CorelDRAW! which confused us when they used "Aquamarin" instead of Cyan, back in the old days...

As of now, all usual suspects in this app-landscape (adobe/quark/corel...) use the term "Cyan" as german translation. 

See german Wikipedia: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMYK-Farbmodell

or:  https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyan#Cyan_als_Grundfarbe_im_Vierfarbdruck

1914728298_Bildschirmfoto2019-04-29um15_44_27.png.ccbe46e05c73e60d30c7ee88b9e16638.png

• Production-System: iMac (21,5-inch, Late 2013), 16GB RAM, 2TB nvme-SSD, running on 10.14.4 Mojave;
  • Display Setup: 27" Thunderbolt Display primary + 21,5" iMac-Display secondary for palettes;
  • Keyboard-Layout: German apple extended keyboard (aluminum);