You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a LG 4K monitor (sRGB) and it's calibrated with  1iProfile.   

When exporting for the web, say Facebook and Flicker.  The images are lighter and the contrast is less.   I've performed the Soft profiling for sRGB IEC61966-2.1.    Is it pretty much trail and error, trying to get the tones and contrast to match between the monitor and web.

I'm a hobbyist and less experiences 

• Staff

sRGB is the most common colour profile used and I believe the one FB prefer. Are you converting your image to sRGB before exporting and have you viewed the images on another device to check the colours?

• 7 months later...

I have an AD document with color profile srgb IEC61966-2.1 and that is what I have set for RGB Color Profile in AD prefs.

When I save the image as jpg and load into a browser the image is much more saturated. In the attached screen grab, the image can be seen in both AD and a browser. They are not far apart, so it is not a monitor calibration issue.

When I save as jpg, I have tried both "embed ICC profile" and don't embed it - the results are the same.

This is such a common task that it shouldn't even be an issue. Is there a setting that gives us wysiwyg between AD and the web?

Thanks.

affinityColorDiff.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to explain. This is quite confusing!

As it turns out, the color match from my previous post is a file that has no embedded profile.

I explored this further and I exported files using various combinations of profiles. My results:

• I found that color matching to what is displayed in AD is much better in FireFox than Chrome.
  • With everything set to sRGB, including the embedded profile, the match in FFox is good. I'm not able to get a color match in Chrome with any embedded profiles.
  • With AD prefs and the Doc set to sRGB, a "no profile" export does not match in either browser.
  • My best results across both browsers is using the Dell profile in AD prefs and the source doc and then no embedded profile in the export.

I studied up a bit on monitor calibration - that seem like a good idea - probably should've invested in it years ago...

Any other insights or suggestions?
Thanks again for your help.

Thanks again for the reply.

I have the Dell Color Profile set in Color Management and "System default WCS profile for sRGB viewing conditions" in the "Viewing condition profile"

When I use the "Calibrate Display" tool, I get this warning:

"This display currently uses a wide-gamut color profile.
The Display Color Calibration will create a color profile with a conventional gamut, which may be a poor fit for this display and result in distorted color appearance.
Do you want to continue anyway?"

So I haven't tried it.

I found that my Dell U3011 monitor has an sRGB preset available from the main menu (buttons on monitor). When I use it, the whites become a bit warm, and it didn't help w/the color differences.

I'm thinking I should get a hardware calibration tool. I've seen the SpyderX recommended on YouTube. Do recommend that one?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I didn't get notified of your reply.

Yes, it is U3011. The monitor has hardware based presets accessed via an onscreen menu. One of the presets is Adobe RGB, but any of them besides the default ("Standard") look awful.  All of the whites get tinted.

When I get a chance, I'll try some of the tests you suggest. I want to move to a 4k monitor, but I'm waiting for 4K touchscreen.