You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cursor is confused

I normally only use Separated mode in designer, but in my current project I decided to use non-separated.  I notice that many times when my cursor passes over the edge of the left panels it gets stuck in the shape it uses when allowing the panels to be resized (a vertical bar with a right facing arrow and a left facing arrow).  It doesn't happen every time but it is frequent.  Seems that the faster the cursor is moved the more frequent the issue.  I've never noticed this happen in separated mode.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW, I have seen this same 'stuck cursor' issue in both Affinity Photo & Affinity Designer in every version, including both retail & beta version. I never bothered reporting it because it is just a cosmetic defect -- even when the cursor has the wrong icon, it still functions correctly in the Studio panels.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.