You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resize column to push table bigger

Maybe its me not using tables correctly, but when I need to enlarge a particular column within a table, for instance the 'Comments' column below, is there not a way to get the table to simply enlarge its overall width without it trying to retain its width by reducing the size of columns to the right of it? I'd like to manually control the width of columns but Publisher keeps adjusting other columns to compensate and keep the overall table the same size.

Screenshot 2019-04-11 at 14.18.01.png

Hold the Shift key down when dragging the column to make it larger

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

This is an option, but it is handmade. I would like to see an option for keeping the other cells width.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

The Table studio allows you to input precise amounts for the column widths

It's best to start with a table (the columns) wider than you need then input the values for each column.  If you start with a table smaller than you need you will run into your original problem at some point.

To make things a bit easier, if you have some columns that are all to be the same width, you can select all those columns and just set the size once in the Table studio, all selected columns will resize to that value

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Yeah, tables are great but they need a bit more work to make them more user friendly.

Maybe we will see some major improvements to the Tables in the 1.8 betas