You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Just a Rocket

ChrisP

Saw an AI tut on something like this. Thought it would be interesting to try without a gradient mesh shading tool. I just used some booleans and blur.

The first image is a screenshot of the PDF and there is something wrong. The 2nd pic is a jpeg and everything looks fine (except a little pixelated). Anyone have any ideas why the PDF is not sharp?

post-377-0-65698300-1429920343_thumb.png

post-377-0-45618600-1429920392_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Cool! 

Give www.citv.com a ring! This looks like a good ident.

As for the differences, I'm only guessing here but it could be a compression issue; MEB or the dev team would be the best guys to ask.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

• Staff

Hi ChrisP,

There's something buggy going on there.

Can you provide us the affinity file to be checked out? You can send me a PM with a link to the file and i will fill a bug or send it directly to support@seriflabs.com along with a link to this thread and a small description of the issue.

The lack of sharpness may be due to the use of some effects - blur in this case - (they all get rasterised on export), and maybe to some clipping you maybe using. Without seeing how you've built some things it's hard to tell.

Do you have Use precise clipping enabled in the Performance tab of Affinity Designer preferences?