You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layer Effects - 3D Light Sources

Multiple Light Sources are nice, but hard to play with. I'd like to be able to turn on/off each Light Source to see it's effect. As it is now my only alternative is to delete it, and there's no way to delete the first light source without deleting the second. If Light Sources are implemented in this fashion elsewhere in AP they should be changed there as well.

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

7 hours ago, casterle said:

Multiple Light Sources are nice, but hard to play with. I'd like to be able to turn on/off each Light Source to see it's effect. As it is now my only alternative is to delete it, and there's no way to delete the first light source without deleting the second. If Light Sources are implemented in this fashion elsewhere in AP they should be changed there as well.

Choose the light source using the number pop up by Light: then hit the remove button.

Also useful is setting the distance to 0 %, seems to give no light at all from that light source while preserving everything else.

1683666445_ScreenShot2019-04-11at9_13_53AM.thumb.png.a034bda9e1da3fbc68239d421bc74c70.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was referring to the Light Source in the 3D Layer Effects panel:

image.png.8131e5285522c04c12dcb2f226bed4b3.png

I have found no way to hide a Light Source other than delete it.

Further, if I have 2 Light Sources I am unable to delete Light Source 1. If I first select Light Source 1, then press Remove, Light Source 2 is removed rather than Light Source 1. 

What you are seeing is the second light source being renamed 1 as soon as light source 1 is removed. Try with radically different colours for the two sources 1 is blue and 2 is yellow. delete 1 and you will have a yellow source in the same place (Direction and Azimuth etc.) as source 2 was.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 hour ago, Old Bruce said:

What you are seeing is the second light source being renamed 1 as soon as light source 1 is removed. Try with radically different colours for the two sources 1 is blue and 2 is yellow. delete 1 and you will have a yellow source in the same place (Direction and Azimuth etc.) as source 2 was.

That's not what I'm seeing - perhaps this is a bug in the Windows version. I start with one Light Source, set to red:

image.png.fd7f8698f38cecb850f421bcb74d6aa4.png

I add a 2nd Light Source, set to blue:

image.png.98db33dc984846dcc58b711d0865b060.png

I select the 1st Light Source and press Remove, expecting to be left with the blue Light Source, but as you can see the only remaining light source is red:

image.png.d6ccb35ee31996159cbf71ddfbe9400a.png