You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Convert to Picture Frame - Remove Picture Frame

Mac Publisher beta #292

I've been exploring Publishers handling of images. I created a test page, added an image and selected Convert to Picture Frame. This worked as expected. I decide I no longer wanted the picture frame so went back to the contextual menu to look for a "Remove Picture Frame" option, which does not appear to be an option. So out of curiosity I selected Convert to Text Frame, which crashes Publisher every time.

My questions: Does an option to "Remove Picture Fame" make sense? And shouldn't "Convert to Text Frame" be grayed out? Is there ever a time when a Picture Frame would be converted to a Text Frame? Just being curious.

rusty - Macintosh: macOS Big Sur 11.1. Memory 16 GB

6 hours ago, A_B_C said:

What you can do: you can go to the layers list, release the child of the picture frame from the parent-child-relation, and delete the picture frame afterwards. :)

Deleting the picture frame layer does indeed solve the problem. However it doesn't seem nearly as intuitive, or as elegant, as just right clicking and selecting Remove Picture Fame : )

17 hours ago, rusty5 said:

Does an option to "Remove Picture Fame" make sense?

Are you trying to extract the picture from the frame, discarding the frame in the process, or convert the frame to a non-frame (and discard the picture in the process)?

I think both options would be nice to have (and convert text frame to non-frame also), but neither is currently present.

22 hours ago, fde101 said:

Are you trying to extract the picture from the frame, discarding the frame in the process, or convert the frame to a non-frame (and discard the picture in the process)?

I haven't been trying to create anything to involved, just learning the program. So in this case, all I was attempting to do is discard the frame, leaving the picture in tact. Essentially returning to the original state before converting to a picture frame.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.