You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Download, install and first startup worked fine.

Surprisingly the name of the file (on Windows) has changend from 'Affinity-Publisher-Beta-1.7.0.292.exe' (the release before) back to 'affinity-publisher-public-beta.exe'. While this is a minor issue I'd prefer to download numbered install files.

Thank you for the latest version (as well for AD and APh) and the work that went into it.
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

1 hour ago, dominik said:

Download, install and first startup worked fine.

Surprisingly the name of the file (on Windows) has changend from 'Affinity-Publisher-Beta-1.7.0.292.exe' (the release before) back to 'affinity-publisher-public-beta.exe'. While this is a minor issue I'd prefer to download numbered install files.

Thank you for the latest version (as well for AD and APh) and the work that went into it.
d.

I uploaded the files today, not @AdamW , so I used the same format that I normally use for Designer and Photo. The issue of versioned installers came up early in the Designer and Photo public betas as well. There isn't much point numbering installers for public betas as they time out, and to cooperate in the beta fully, everyone should be running the latest version at all times anyway.

5 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

There isn't much point numbering installers for public betas as they time out, and to cooperate in the beta fully, everyone should be running the latest version at all times anyway.

Moin,

this is a fair point. I just thought it's worth mentioning. I think in a beta cycle one can become a little over careful not to miss something ;)
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

9 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

I uploaded the files today, not @AdamW , so I used the same format that I normally use for Designer and Photo. The issue of versioned installers came up early in the Designer and Photo public betas as well. There isn't much point numbering installers for public betas as they time out, and to cooperate in the beta fully, everyone should be running the latest version at all times anyway.

Many testers want to cooperate as fully as possible but work on real projects at the same time, and there is the odd occasion where the short-term solution to something becoming broken is to revert to the previous build. We can include the build number when downloading (as I do) but it’s obviously easier if the number is included in the name of the file on the server. The downside is that it’s all too easy to forget to delete the older files later: I recovered several precious gigabytes when catching up on such deletions a few days ago!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.