nonresidentalien

Copy and paste issues (Graphpad Prism and others)

Hi guys, 

I often have issues with graphics becoming scrambled when pasted into Affinity Designer for Mac. Most prominently are figures from Graphpad Prism scientific plotting software which I use a lot. Sometimes, it helps to past the graphics in Preview, and copy it from previous before pasting into Affinity. But not always. Also copying and pasting in word often leads to low-res rasterization of parts.

I know, one can work around this by exporting to JPEP or PNG but I feel this should necessary in 2019...

So I guess its part bug report, part feature request (fix the clipboard).

Thanks,

Lars289999731_pasteinAD.thumb.png.548a49f5e555c814382a3aadd6d213aa.png

source .png

paste in Preview.png

Hi Gabe.

Thanks for your swift response. I am aware of the PDF or SVG workaround, and I am currently using that trick, although it has its own set of limitations with text, clipping masks etc. But worse, it adds a considerable overhead to my workflows as I have to go back and forth often.

It is 2019, a graphic software should be fully compatible with the clipboard and common word processors. This totally feels like 15 years ago...

Please fix soon.

Thanks,

Lars

This is unfortunate, in particular since the issues even seem to have gotten worse. Now, all text is imported as text boxes rather than artistic text. As a result, alignment of text etc has become a major pain.

Please fix soon. The clipboard is quite an essential feature.

Thanks,

Lars