You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Blemish Removal Tool Crash

Using the blemish removal tool causes Affinity Photo to hang indefinitely. The Blemish Removal progress indicator shows it is working but nothing is happening.

This happens at random. Reopening the program and trying again works for a little bit until it hangs again.

It seems to also happen frequently with the same spot.

• Staff

Hi zimmt,

I've been trying this for 5 minutes solid (over 500 History entries) and I cannot get it to crash. I was trying on a developed raw image at 10000px x 8000 px.

What size brush and document are you working with? Are you getting a crash report that you could attach for us?

Crash report attached. Brush size was 14px. Definitely more loading on the smaller brush sizes.

I also use an eGPU but this issue occurs with or without and this particular crash report is just straight on the MacBook.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

I think I was able to pinpoint the issue. When using an Affinity Photo document I can use the blemish tool without issues no matter the size.

The slowness and freezing is only present when opening an Affinity Designer document with Affinity Photo and using the blemish tool there. Refine selection is also terribly slow in that instance as well.

Ok please disregard the last post. The issue is still happening on AP and AD files alike.

However, I think the keyword is "files". When I work on an unsaved file (which I did for several minutes) I do not think the issue occurs.

• 5 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.