You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Seamless Integration With Photo & Publisher?

2 hours ago, MCFC_4Heatons said:

Hello,

Any timeframe on when the integration between Publisher, Photo & Desinger will be available, so we can see how it works? I see the buttons in Publisher, but will they just launch each program individually or will the integration be more seamlesss?

There is no time estimate when this will be available. Sorry to not being able to provide more information.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

4 hours ago, MCFC_4Heatons said:

I see the buttons in Publisher, but will they just launch each program individually

That would not make much sense, in my opinion, as that function is already available via File > Edit in Photo and File > Edit in Designer :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 minutes ago, MCFC_4Heatons said:

Not even even terms of months? Are we looking at 3 months or more like a year ?

No, there is no information about that. And Serif won't publish anything like this. This is their policy.
When it's ready it's ready. We have to live with that (and the beta versions they provide :) )

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

42 minutes ago, dominik said:

No, there is no information about that. And Serif won't publish anything like this. This is their policy.
When it's ready it's ready. We have to live with that (and the beta versions they provide :) )

Think an estinate is not a lot to ask for ... otherwise Affinity start sounding like Adobe :)

14 hours ago, MCFC_4Heatons said:

Think an estinate is not a lot to ask for ... 

You won't get an estimate. Sorry. What would be the point of it, anyway? When they gave an estimate on APub's release of a beta version and they could not make it possible in time the forum was full of complaints (to say the least) that the 'promise' was not kept. I assume they learned their lesson from that.

If you look around in the forum you will occasionally see guesses by forum users on when and what. But this is all speculation :)

Cheers,
d.

On 4/12/2019 at 12:27 PM, MCFC_4Heatons said:

Think an estinate is not a lot to ask for ... otherwise Affinity start sounding like Adobe :)

Old adage:  "Patience is a virtue.   Virtue is it's own reward."

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9