I'm fairly new to using Affinity Photo and I keep running into to this problem so I thought I would ask what I'm doing wrong.

My file is a tiff file saved with layers, I'm using Mac OS 14 Mojave.  I have tried saving both with the keyboard shortcut command S  as well as going to the file drop down menu and choosing Save.  The problem I continually seem to have is after I save I will keyboard shortcut command W to close (I have not done any additional work to the image) after I do a Save and I get stuck in a loop of having a new dialog box appear telling me there have been changes do I want to Save, Don't Save, or Cancel.  I Save,  try and close the file and that dialog box pops back up.  

Any insights what I am doing wrong?

thanks,

jeff

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, Jeff.

As a test I just Saved a Tiff with Affinity Layers, then closed the document just fine. (Note that I'm on Windows, though.)

If I'm understanding you correctly, you Opened a TIFF file, made some changes, Saved it with Affinity Layers, then tried to Close it. If I'm wrong about that sequence, please provide more details.

If I'm right about the sequence, then as a diagnostic tool: Have the History panel open and visible. Save your document. Note the state of the History panel. Try to close the document. If the History panel hasn't changed, you shouldn't get a prompt.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.331 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.331 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.330 Beta

@archfotos Does this occur with other file formats such as JPEG/PNG? Can you also try the latest Affinity Photo beta, available here (Install alongside your existing version).