You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

7 hours ago, Aammppaa said:

It seems like this should be possible, but it doesn't actually work.

If I have one object selected then +=2mm successfully adds 2mm to the existing width.

With multiple objects selected and Transform Objects Separately enabled +=2% works just fine.

But +=2mm adds 2mm to the last selected object, but scales the others by a percentage (the ratio of the original size of the last selected object, to its new size).

1802115710_AffinityTransformEachBug.gif.5e47337c7fe5f77f76454ce566f4b3d1.gif

I suspect this is a bug or an oversight in the current implementation.

>> just moving here...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

This is actually by design.

The transform it creates internally is a relative scaling. It then simply applies the same transformation to the other objects.  It uses the same process as when dragging the scaling handles.

We'd have to add another feature in order to allow for absolute size changes.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

13 minutes ago, Ben said:

I’d love to see this. It’s similar to the problem of not being able to set ‘power duplicate’ scaling to use absolute values instead of percentages (e.g. to draw a set of concentric circles where the diameter of each one is 2mm greater than the previous one).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

It would be worth it.

First, it would be a functional advantage over Illustrator's Transform Each dialog. There have been user requests about this and similar omissions for years on Illustrator's user forum. One of the annoying things about Illustrator is that some of its modal dialogs provide percentages, but not fixed values; others vice-versa. Some of these are obviously due to a feature being added, without updating a similar long-preexisting feature.

Second, it would makes further use of Affinity's superiority in using math expressions in value fields.

JET

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.