You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Many of the functions simply don’t work...

Hi please can you help me. I got Affinity for my iPad Pro 2018. Many of the functions simply don’t work, from the erase brush to other tools! Why is this happening? Am I doing something wrong? I also have this on my iMac and have similar issues. Affinity isn’t as intuitive perhaps as I thought. It’s actually reducing my confidence. I got Affinity to rekindle my love for creating and photography. Is there a way that I can re install this on both my iMac and iPad?

• Staff

Hi Steven, 

Welcome to the forums :)

It is possible to reinstall both apps however I don't feel as though this will solve your issue. If possible could you provide a screen recording of you trying to use the tools that wont work?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi @Steven84,

I'm just another user but you should be able to delete and reinstall like any other app. If you installed directly instead of from the App Store on the Mac be sure to have your license key handy. I doubt that will solve your issue though as it's quite unlikely to have install issues on both platforms causing the same behaviors.

Perhaps you'll pick one action (you mention the erase brush) and describe in detail what actions you're taking, what you expect it to be doing, and the results that don't match your expectations? That way either the community or the Affinity folks can weigh in and either nudge you in the right direction or dive more deeply into your specific problem(s)? Screenshots would probably be most helpful as well.

-brad

[PS: Or you can just listen to the actual staff who got a response in just before mine. :-D]

https://bmb.photos | Focus: The unexpected, the abstract, the extreme on screen, paper, & other physical outputTools: macOS (Primary: Ventura, MBP2018), Canon (Primary: 5D3), iPhone (Primary: 14PM), Nikon Film Scanners, Epson Printers

On 4/9/2019 at 3:35 PM, Steven84 said:

Hi please can you help me. I got Affinity for my iPad Pro 2018. Many of the functions simply don’t work, from the erase brush to other tools! Why is this happening? Am I doing something wrong? I also have this on my iMac and have similar issues. Affinity isn’t as intuitive perhaps as I thought. It’s actually reducing my confidence. I got Affinity to rekindle my love for creating and photography. Is there a way that I can re install this on both my iMac and iPad?

The number one source of problems is not making sure the correct layer is selected when using the tools.

If you have problems try selecting a different layer and try again.

By selecting a different layer, it does not mean simply the tick box but making sure the layer is ‘highlighted’ and try again. 

Also as DM1 states, make sure you watch as many as possible of James Ritson tutorials which will help you overcome the significant learning curve that newbies to AP are faced with.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help