Sign in to follow this  
gumbo23

Section Manager Tutorial Video please

Having had such horrible nightmares with trying to do book layout with Word - and having created a working book without using Section Manager - I am somewhat resistant to going there in the final tweaking process. However, I see the utility of Section Manager to some extent, and would like to work with it with confidence.

So please Affinity, consider making a tutorial video on this feature. The tutorial series is excellent and I have produced a book in a week based on this guidance, and the excellent support in the forums.

5 hours ago, gumbo23 said:

Having had such horrible nightmares with trying to do book layout with Word - and having created a working book without using Section Manager - I am somewhat resistant to going there in the final tweaking process. However, I see the utility of Section Manager to some extent, and would like to work with it with confidence.

So please Affinity, consider making a tutorial video on this feature. The tutorial series is excellent and I have produced a book in a week based on this guidance, and the excellent support in the forums.

There is a nice preliminary explanation in these Forums with the title PAGE NUMBERS.  The one thing I have found is that you also have to click again on the blue highlighted Section, after you have changed the numbering, so that it is reflected there.   Otherwise the numbers 5-7 (in the example) will still be 5-7 in the document.  Hope that isn’t as clear as mud!

393A5C55-DB3C-4623-A407-B8485A3513CE.thumb.png.20efab9c2fda2d7ea0d6d4662338c28d.pnga

21.5 iMAC Retina 4K display. MacOS Sierra v. 10.12.6 (which I am not changing).  3.1 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6 GHz.  Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3.  1TB Fusion Drive.  Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB.      iPad Pro 12.9, iOS v. 12.3.1, Apple Pencil.  Affinity Publisher 1.7 (pre-ordered); Publisher beta v. 1.7.0.384; Affinity Photo 1.7 and Photo Beta 1.7.1.138;  Affinity Designer 1.7. 

Magic mouse.9_9