pdh

changing font throughout a document

Yes, click somewhere in the text, then on the main menu bar choose Select and then Select All, then choose the font that you want.

However, I just tried it, and it works, but I set up a test using Regular, Italic, Bold, Bold Italic in Arial and changed the font to Times New Roman and just got all Regular.

That may be a feature or a bug. Hopefully it is a bug and will be fixed.

William

font_changing_before.png

font_changing_after.png

Using a Lenovo ideapad 510 running Windows 10 in England

This doesn't seem to work for me. It just changes the page I'm on and a few lines into the next page

It looks like the select all just selects all the text on that one page you are on

Oh, I am having a bit of a problem here, I am used to PagePlus having the facility to add a new page with a text frame just the same as on the first page and then one can click on an arrow and the text just flows into the next page.

So I am in a pickle. Can anyone help please before the pickle get thicker and sets!

William

Using a Lenovo ideapad 510 running Windows 10 in England

How about Find & Replace? Find = Regular Expression (click on cog) and type in . <- the dot as regular expression for any character.

Replace with = Format (click on cog) and select the new font. Select only the font, no font weight.

Unfortunately I cannot search for a specific font with Format, just gives me empty results. A bug?

Workaround: If the to-be-replaced font has the same font weight as the original it works as described. To clarify: The font weights have to be literally the same. Bold with Bold works, Regular Bold with Bold does not work.

1 hour ago, William Overington said:

I am used to PagePlus having the facility to add a new page with a text frame just the same as on the first page and then one can click on an arrow and the text just flows into the next page.

If you have a page with an existing Text Frame, and you insert text into it, and the text overflows, then you can shift-click on the red link triangle and Publisher will create new pages (based on the same Master Pages) and a new Text Frame with the same characteristics and reflow the text into it.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404

1 hour ago, Joachim_L said:

How about Find & Replace? Find = Regular Expression (click on cog) and type in . <- the dot as regular expression for any character.

Replace with = Format (click on cog) and select the new font. Select only the font, no font weight.

Unfortunately I cannot search for a specific font with Format, just gives me empty results. A bug?

Workaround: If the to-be-replaced font has the same font weight as the original it works as described. To clarify: The font weights have to be literally the same. Bold with Bold works, Regular Bold with Bold does not work.

Yes, Finding based on a font family is currently broken.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404

Changing the font in text styles, the text style that is already applied, worked. Thanks. It changed all the text in the document as long as it had that text style already applied.