Posted (edited)

I am using Affinity Photo Desktop 1.6.11.  I am trying to open an EPS file, but only part of the file opens and can be manipulated. The top and the left side of the image is cropped, and those elements of the image do not show up in the list of layers.  (See screenshot -- there should be a fifth book on top of the red one; that fifth book shows up when I open the file in Preview.)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 9.37.19 PM.png

Edited by Novelista
Problem has been solved.

Hi Novelista,

Welcome to the forums :)

First thing to check is that no objects are off the canvas, please go to View>View Mode>Clip to Canvas and check around the document.

If this does not help, please could you attach a copy of your eps file here?

it may just be off page and so clipped from view, try moving it to show the full graphic.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

Try ctrl+selecting the blue space and see if you can adjust its height
*edit* glad you got it sorted

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1809)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

1 minute ago, haakoo said:

Try ctrl+selecting the blue space and see if you can adjust its height

Thanks for trying to help - you posted as I changed the post to "Solved."  (It was a problem with clipping to canvas.)