You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Image scale > 1:1 does not work

I started a thread in the discussions forum about the improved image editing capabilities.

Among my comments I stated that the '1:1' button next to the 'Image scale' slider does not work properly. By now I believe this is a bug.

Please do the following:

1. In a new APub document place an image via 'File > Place...'
  2. Change the image's aspect ratio by dragging the top handle down.
  3. On the image toolbar click on the (newly introduced) dropdown with the pixel dimensions and click on the '1:1' button.

Expected behaviour: the image resizes to its original aspect ratio.
Observed behaviour: the image stays at its current (distorted) aspect ratio and perhaps changes it's size.

Since there is now help topic nor a pop up message I may be wrong about this button. But I guess this is broken.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

46 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Me thinks you're right.
The only way to reset the aspect ratio, is to double click one of the middle handles.

Hi @haakoo,

thanks for the confirmation. I had forgotten about the double click on the middle handles. Good to know.

In addition: if the image is placed inside a picture frame (which is not part of the procedure described above) 'Scale to Max fit' and 'Scale to Min fit does the same.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.