I want to create a design for a 11" X 17" printed poster. The design may also be used for smaller posters or flyers and at a website.

Which Affinity program would be best to use and why?

1 hour ago, lbohen said:

I want to create a design for a 11" X 17" printed poster. The design may also be used for smaller posters or flyers and at a website.

Which Affinity program would be best to use and why?

Hello @lbohen,

with the fact in mind that APub is still not officially released I would not use the beta version.

My personal preference is to start out such a job in AD and add images from APh. Most likely it will be necessary to do more advanced image manipulation or optimization in Photo. If you are doing a poster that contains a lot of photographic material and only few text and vector based elements, you could do it the other way round.

The file format is compatible (as long as you stay within the same version range 1.6)

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.1.404) - Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.1.404) - Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 - Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7 - Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

My preference would be to use Designer because in it you can create artboards & use symbols, assets, & constraints to simplify creating different sized posters as well as for fliers & web page items.

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1