You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Inserting a page, also moves the page number. (Beta .292 )

The only way to deal with this is to Clear the masters and then to reapply the masters. It is a bug with inserting or deleting an odd number of pages from the middle of the publication.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

12 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

The only way to deal with this is to Clear the masters and then to reapply the masters. It is a bug with inserting or deleting an odd number of pages from the middle of the publication.

The odd thing is when I drag the master page to reapply to all pages, the master page layer goes on top, and all the texts, pictures below at the layers panel. I think the master page should always stick or locked at the bottom of the layers.

11 hours ago, osang said:

The odd thing is when I drag the master page to reapply to all pages, the master page layer goes on top, and all the texts, pictures below at the layers panel. I think the master page should always stick or locked at the bottom of the layers.

I am not seeing this here. I am on Mac.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

13 hours ago, osang said:

I think the master page should always stick or locked at the bottom of the layers.

It shouldn't move on its own, but being able to reposition the master page in the layer order means being able to use master pages to create common objects that rest on top of per-page objects (like some kind of border that is in front of them).

You can have more than one master page applied to a page, which means that you could have one master page in the back and one in the front.

I'm not sure what criteria gets used to determine where that layer starts out, but in most cases I would expect that it should start at the bottom of the list unless a configuration setting gets added that lets us indicate that a particular master page is meant to be on top (which I don't believe is currently available).

13 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

I am not seeing this here. I am on Mac.

I'm also using Mac.

Here's the problem I encountered when I'm creating a booklet with many pictures, texts, etc...and dragging the masterpage to update my page numbers, then items disappeared. Here's the sample:

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.