You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hyphenation language choice may be messing up Paragraph Style with a + symbol

I think that in Publisher there is a problem with (small and relatively minor) with the use of one language being set in the Mac OS system preferences. I use Canada and English (Canada) for Region and Language. With Affinity Publisher I notice that applied Text Styles are always shown with a + in the Paragraphs Studio but not in the Text Styles Studio. I believe this is down to the fact that in the Character Studio I have no choice for English (Canada) in the Language section's Hyphenation.
As I said it is a small thing but it is disconcerting in that I will glance at the Context Toolbar and see the + next to the Paragraph Style name and become concerned with what has changed. I then check the Text Styles and there isn't any + symbol.

1139853298_ParaStylesplussign.jpeg.a9ccc87f66bcb4afd1032f0d5f2d75f8.jpeg

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.