You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD] Windows emf export

Hi Affinity devs!

It would have been great if Affinity Designer was able to export in emf (enhanced meta file) format. I believe it's a more widely supported format on the Windows platform than any of the current vector-based export formats that AD offers. 

Since Serif has a solid history of developing great windows applications, that would be a piece of cake, wouldn't it?  ;)

/Miro

Since AFAIK emf doesn't support drawing of splines, Affinity wouldn't to themselves a favour with this - the exported files might look worse than the original. I think having SVG and PDF should be sufficient for all platforms.

I know it's not that sexy, but just like Laurent in the linked topic, it's all - and probably only - about importing graphics into MS Office on Windows. MS Office on Mac imports pdf and eps quite fairly, but they are treated as pictures, not graphics where parts can easely be recolored. These formats do not work as nicely on Office 2010, if at all. SVG is not supported at all on both platforms. (can't check for the latest versions of Office)

I have seen that Illustrator do export to wmf/emf, but haven't been able to try that extensively to evaluate the success rate on the results. I understand that, in some extend, only simpler compositions can be considered for that application.

vonBusing,

Thanks for the explanation. I don't use Office (on Mac or Windows) at all and while I have seen them here and there, it wasn't so often (and they always brought problems) so I wasn't sure why anyone would need or want them. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...