The crop tool in the new beta appears to malfunction. Unconstrained works as original ratio.

This occurs only when trying to crop a panorama. The panorama has to be exited to crop successfully. This doesn't happen in the released version. At present due to computer changes I cn't make a recording. Sorry. But I hope this amplification clarifies things.

If I pull on the adjusters at the sides or top of the crop outline the whole crop moves to the same proportion as the original. To avoid this happening I have to complete the apply on the panorama and can find no way of avoiding it.

This fault has now been added to the new release version, making panorama cropping unusable. I am attaching a screen video. However I can't see that it functions.

Works as expected for me, too.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta

Crop tool works as expected

Cheers

Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 :   Affinity Photo-Beta  1.7.2.424 :    Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404:  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.7.2.424:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.2.422:   Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404:    Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1903 Build 18362.207)

19 hours ago, ms.fuentecilla said:

The crop tool in the new beta appears to malfunction. Unconstrained works as original ratio.

Hi ms.fuentecilla,

Would you be able to do a quick recording so we can see what you're experiencing? Mine seems to be working as expected too.

When using the crop tool with Absolute Dimensions the interface does something weird.

I select CM in the drop down menu.
I enter the width of the crop and hit enter (or TAB) to modify the height but for some reason the CM setting changes back to px before entering the height value.

11 hours ago, agnesim said:

When using the crop tool with Absolute Dimensions the interface does something weird.

I select CM in the drop down menu.
I enter the width of the crop and hit enter (or TAB) to modify the height but for some reason the CM setting changes back to px before entering the height value.

We discovered this very recently. The good news is that it is with the developers to be looked at! 

Please now see my added note to the release version comment on the same topic. This is caused by first requesting crop to opaque, which fixes the ratio, something that didn't occur in earlier versions.