You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The crop tool in the new beta appears to malfunction. Unconstrained works as original ratio.

This occurs only when trying to crop a panorama. The panorama has to be exited to crop successfully. This doesn't happen in the released version. At present due to computer changes I cn't make a recording. Sorry. But I hope this amplification clarifies things.

If I pull on the adjusters at the sides or top of the crop outline the whole crop moves to the same proportion as the original. To avoid this happening I have to complete the apply on the panorama and can find no way of avoiding it.

This fault has now been added to the new release version, making panorama cropping unusable. I am attaching a screen video. However I can't see that it functions.

Works as expected for me, too.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Crop tool works as expected

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

Works as it is supposed to for me

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

• Staff
19 hours ago, ms.fuentecilla said:

The crop tool in the new beta appears to malfunction. Unconstrained works as original ratio.

Hi ms.fuentecilla,

Would you be able to do a quick recording so we can see what you're experiencing? Mine seems to be working as expected too.

• 5 weeks later...

When using the crop tool with Absolute Dimensions the interface does something weird.

I select CM in the drop down menu.
I enter the width of the crop and hit enter (or TAB) to modify the height but for some reason the CM setting changes back to px before entering the height value.

• Staff
11 hours ago, agnesim said:

When using the crop tool with Absolute Dimensions the interface does something weird.

I select CM in the drop down menu.
I enter the width of the crop and hit enter (or TAB) to modify the height but for some reason the CM setting changes back to px before entering the height value.

We discovered this very recently. The good news is that it is with the developers to be looked at! 

• 1 month later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.