You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where the wild things are

AffinityJules

A late finished Saturday night composite.

Where the wild things are.jpg

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.

Not at all like Maurice Sendak’s work, but nicely done nevertheless!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Ah... I get the reference.

While I think of it, and what suddenly sprang to mind, there was an episode of Buffy with the same title.

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

I thought the same thing Alfred did when I read the title, but this seems like a pretty neat take on things. I like it. And wow, that moon is huge!

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

7 minutes ago, Bri-Toon said:

I thought the same thing Alfred did when I read the title, but this seems like a pretty neat take on things. I like it. And wow, that moon is huge!

The unnatural size of the moon is intentional, it didn't have the same impact when reduced in size.

I went for the bold!

1 hour ago, Bri-Toon said:

The moon can sometimes look that big in real life. I think it works very well here.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, AffinityJules said:

The unnatural size of the moon is intentional, it didn't have the same impact when reduced in size.

I know what you mean. Choice of presentation is everything.

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

The moon can sometimes look that big in real life.

Can it? That's interesting to know. 

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Yes, depending on where you are in the world and, what particular phase of orbit the moon is travelling on, it can appear much bigger than say as it appears in Britain. Some equatorial regions may enjoy a larger moon from time to time and some South American countries, too.

Then of course one has to consider the "illusion" effect when the moon is low on the horizon it can appear bigger - mainly through atmospheric distortion. So in this picture I played upon that fact or idea. My example is somewhat exaggerated.

Oh yes, I definitely knew that the moon can look different sizes depending on where you are in the world; I guess I just never knew how big. You learn something new every day.