What am I doing wrong? I make a brush adjust it where I like it and when I go to use it all the settings are gone. It does not matter what brush I make they all do it. I started adjusting it and then click close and it still does not save it. It saves after doing it like 3 times, which is not great when I finally get the brush where you want it. 

Windows 10 desktop ram 8g 

Is this in AD, or APh, or both?

I see from another thread that you’re on Windows 10. It’s a good idea to put this info and other system specs in your signature so that it’s automatically included in your posts in case it may be relevant.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

This is something I frequently see...(AD 1.65) Sometimes the brush adjustments just do not get saved....

One way of bypassing the issue..is to change your settings then duplicate the brush..and use the new brush

APh & AD 1.6.5.123 + Beta AD 1.7.0.333 | APh 1.6.5.123 + Beta AP 1.7.0.333
APu 1.7.0.337 Beta

Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 19.04.3(Adrenalin, 
Radeon Settings Version
19.1.1) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.34-3

8 minutes ago, Diane Window 10 Desktop AD said:

Thank you I will try that Stuart RC:)

Excellent!..usually works...I do it all the time...1.7 brush engine is better..

If you find you cannot edit a brush by d-clicking on the thumbnail in Brush Panel...right click and select Edit brush or select from context bar will get you past it...

APu 1.7.0.337 Beta

Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 19.04.3(Adrenalin, 
Radeon Settings Version

4 hours ago, StuartRc said:

This is something I frequently see...(AD 1.65) Sometimes the brush adjustments just do not get saved....

There are three ways to change brush adjustments:

1. Change its properties (width, color, etc.) in the context toolbar -- this affects only how the currently selected brush will will be applied the next & subsequent times you use it, or for AD vector brushes, how the currently selected object's vector brush stroke will be applied. It is not saved, other than being 'sticky' for the duration of that editing session.
  2. With the brush tool selected, click "More" in the context toolbar. The title of the window that opens will be named "Brush - Document Defaults." As the name suggests, this sets the default properties of that brush only for the current document. It is not otherwise (globally) saved.
  3. Change the properties from the Brushes panel, either by double-clicking on the brush in the brush list or with a brush selected in the list by clicking the 4 line icon to the right of the brush category list popup. This opens a window like in 2 above, but its title will be "Brush - Editing <name of brush>" with the <name of brush> text enclosed in square brackets, like "Brush - Editing [Solid Brush with Pressure]"  for the brushes in the basic category with the "Solid Brush with Pressure" name. This is the only place where brush adjustment changes are saved globally in the app.

I am not sure if this is the source of your issue but I hope it helps you resolve or at least clarify it.

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 & Affinity Designer 1.6..4.45 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.1.1

@Diane Window 10 Desktop AD

I've watched the screen recording sent directly to us and I can confirm that your issue is replicable as a bug in the current version of Affinity Designer.

We've since updated our brush engine for version 1.7 and I've tested your issue multiple times and I'm yet to see the brush changes not being saved, so I believe the bug is fixed. You can download the beta version from the following link - please let me know if this helps! :)

Thank you all for your help. I do have the beta version but afraid to use right now that if for some reason I need to go to the old version there will be a problem. So will stay on the old version for this kind of stuff. Thanks again everyone:)

Windows 10 desktop ram 8g 

11 hours ago, Diane Window 10 Desktop AD said:

StuartRc

I finally got to try to duplicate the brush and it works perfectly. Thank you:)

Excellent!...Pleased you have a solution...:)

APu 1.7.0.337 Beta

Radeon Settings Version