You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there anything like Illustrator’s blend tool in Designer?

For creating palette colors, I would love to use something like illustrator’s blend tool to create swatches that step between to different colored squares. Is there anything like that in Designer?

Link to show you the kind of tool I’m searching for:)

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/blending-objects.html

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

Best

Stephen :)

• Staff

Hi segts :)

Unfortunately this isn't currently possible in Affinity, I'll move this thread to Feature Requests and Feedback for our devs to see and consider!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

1 minute ago, Dan C said:

I'll move this thread to Feature Requests and Feedback for our devs to see and consider!

I thought a Blend Tool was already on the AD 1.x roadmap! Am I missing something? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Usability

-Replicate/Blend

If that is meant with that quote here then probably yes. - However, always liked the ease of use the Magix/Xara tools do offer here for blending over ...

overblend.jpg.25986d3b51f1079d424821f5d62c3297.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

4 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

If that is meant with that quote here then probably yes. - However, always liked the ease of use the Magix/Xara tools do offer here for blending over ...

overblend.jpg.25986d3b51f1079d424821f5d62c3297.jpg

That’s very similar to the Blend Tool behaviour in Serif’s own DrawPlus:

post-8358-0-19955900-1493719991_thumb.pngpost-8358-0-43961300-1493742732_thumb.png

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
4 hours ago, Alfred said:

I thought a Blend Tool was already on the AD 1.x roadmap! Am I missing something?

You're not missing anything, apologies! I've overlooked the roadmap and auto-piloted this thread to Feature Requests.

@segts As Alfred has mentioned this is actually part of the Designer Roadmap already and we hope to add it to the application as soon as possible :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 4 years later...