You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Standard millimeter units

Hi,

I've already read about this, but can't find the post.

Can we have standard millimeter units on the rulers? The metric system is a decimal system, and everything we use for mesure use longer graduation for decimal and half ones for middle as in 5, 15, 25…
Usually I sort of don't need to finely read the graduations when placing a guide or an object on a page, but since AD/AP/APub graduations vary depending of zooming option, it's difficult to do. I usually need to do this adding a guide, let it go, select it, to check with the Transformation panel and move it again, or create an objet and use the Transformation panel to give it the desired value.

2019-04-06_142144.png.a89eee6918a941c414111adaf6353137.png2019-04-06_142154.png.d5cfc5df5ba1b244ec8efc8f0dd20685.png2019-04-06_142202.png.114edc88866528e6dc0a956d5541d74c.png2019-04-06_142212.thumb.png.c300b074ad94493bb5327fc5a0416a27.png

Standard:

centimeters.jpg.4a74c737c81b0e7434ff00ce7e2824dc.jpg

20 hours ago, Wosven said:

I've already read about this, but can't find the post.

I suspect that you searched for “millimetre” or “milimeter” instead of “millimeter”, so you didn’t find this:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

13 minutes ago, Wosven said:

@Alfred  You got it! I was searching for milimeters.

I guess you didn’t pay attention to the “mill(e)” part of the word! ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

And with 2 "ll" it's better :S

That's strange how using a keyboard add typos when we can correctly write with a pen… But there's a long time since I didn't checked anymore how to write some words taking a pen and a piece of paper! It seems there's a lot of difference between the way we learnt to write with a pen learning whole words, and the difficulty to spell and hit the keys as an addition of consecutive letters when using a keyboard. 

5 hours ago, Wosven said:

And with 2 "ll" it's better :S

That's strange how using a keyboard add typos when we can correctly write with a pen… But there's a long time since I didn't checked anymore how to write some words taking a pen and a piece of paper! It seems there's a lot of difference between the way we learnt to write with a pen learning whole words, and the difficulty to spell and hit the keys as an addition of consecutive letters when using a keyboard. 

I occasionally make typos, I constantly misspell words.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.