Sign in to follow this  
WillWatson

Transform option added to right-click on placed image would be useful

It would be useful to have a quick shortcut to resize by percentage added to the right-click menu on a placed image! Turns out I used that option in InDesign more than I realised!

3 hours ago, WillWatson said:

It would be useful to have a quick shortcut to resize by percentage added to the right-click menu on a placed image! Turns out I used that option in InDesign more than I realised!

Hello @WillWatson,

welcome to the forum.

In APub you can do this in the transform panel:
Make sure the aspect ratio (W and H) is locked by clicking on the chain symbol to the right.
Then type after one of the two values *0,5 and hit enter. This transforms the size of the image to 50% in width and height. *1,65 is equivalent to 165%.

I hope this works for you :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.486)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.8.0.486)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 (beta 1.7.3.475)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

You can also just type in a percentage as long as you type a % character after it.

These percentages are relative to the current size.

To transform relative to the original image size, with the image selected (not the frame), click on the resolution in the context toolbar for a semi-hidden popup.