You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a Deco 3 tablet and am running into an issue that I can't use the rope mode/stabilizer in Designer. It doesn't show the pen actually drawing and all i end up with is straight lines, where is start and stop. It works fine w/ a mouse in Designer and in Photo. I have installed the most recent drivers/utility for the tablet. I was wondering if this is an issue on my end, or if anyone has been having similar issues.

• Staff

Hi MFreid,

Welcome to the forums :)

This isn't an issue we're aware of currently, could you possibly provide a screen recording of your workflow?

I believe @firstdefence uses a Deco 3 in AP and AD, he may have more insight in terms of drivers and settings for you!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

@MFreid What Operating System are you using?

I'm on OS X High Sierra, I used to own an XP-Pen Deco 03 and I had no issues with it, it was just so easy to use. I always removed the currently installed drivers prior to installing the latest ones, I never overwrote drivers.

I sold the XP-Pen Deco 03 which for the money was a steal and bought an XP-Pen Artist 12, then sold that and now have an XP-Pen Artist 22E which I think is *bleeping* awesome. In all cases I've not had any issues like lag or disappearing cursors.

Did you have or do you have any other drivers for any other tablet installed?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

13 hours ago, MFreid said:

I have a Deco 3 tablet and am running into an issue that I can't use the rope mode/stabilizer in Designer. It doesn't show the pen actually drawing and all i end up with is straight lines, where is start and stop. It works fine w/ a mouse in Designer and in Photo. I have installed the most recent drivers/utility for the tablet. I was wondering if this is an issue on my end, or if anyone has been having similar issues.

If you're on Windows try disabling Windows Ink. This solved my Deco 03 problems.

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

@firstdefence I'm using windows 10, the drivers for the deco 3 are the only ones i have on my computer. I'll upload a video of my workflow later today.

I don't have Windows Ink enabled. But I'll try to uninstall and reinstall the drivers and see if that changes anything.

1 hour ago, MFreid said:

@firstdefence I'm using windows 10, the drivers for the deco 3 are the only ones i have on my computer. I'll upload a video of my workflow later today.

I don't have Windows Ink enabled. But I'll try to uninstall and reinstall the drivers and see if that changes anything.

I didn't think I did either, but it seems one of the Win 10 updates changed things, or perhaps it's enabled by default.

26 minutes ago, MFreid said:

Attached is the video showing my issue.

2019-04-06 18-13-28.mkv

Your problems are different than mine, but may be related. In my case, when I switched tools the tool's cursor would not appear. 

I see you have Windows Ink disabled at the tablet level, as I did. Disabling it at the OS level did the trick for me. Here's how: https://www.top-password.com/blog/disable-windows-ink-workspace-in-windows-10/

8 hours ago, casterle said:

Your problems are different than mine, but may be related. In my case, when I switched tools the tool's cursor would not appear. 

I see you have Windows Ink disabled at the tablet level, as I did. Disabling it at the OS level did the trick for me. Here's how: https://www.top-password.com/blog/disable-windows-ink-workspace-in-windows-10/

Alright, I did that. And I got it to "work". I think there is something that the tablet doesn't like about me having two monitors. I'm able to drag on one monitor when it thinks its doing things on the other, but not when the correct monitor is selected.

2019-04-07 03-05-54.mkv

10 hours ago, MFreid said:

Attached is the video showing my issue.

2019-04-06 18-13-28.mkv

You might want to use a different container format for your video clips. MP4 is probably better than Matroska for sharing videos via forums such as this one.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

13 hours ago, MFreid said:

Alright, I did that. And I got it to "work". I think there is something that the tablet doesn't like about me having two monitors. I'm able to drag on one monitor when it thinks its doing things on the other, but not when the correct monitor is selected.

2019-04-07 03-05-54.mkv

I've got two monitors as well so I tried to reproduce this. Here's what I tried:

I mapped the tablet to monitor 1, moved AD to that monitor and tested it floating and full-screen. I then repeated this on monitor 2. I then mapped the tablet to both monitors and repeated the above on both monitors, then with AD maximized across both monitors. In all cases AD performed as expected.

I've got tablet software version 1.6.1.1918 installed on Win 10 Pro with fairly recent Nvidia drivers. What version of the tablet software are you using?