You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash on grouping

It is not happening here.

Picture placed (jpeg at 100%, both linked and embedded), Text entered and made transparent Text and Picture grouped together. No crash.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

45 minutes ago, rahorn said:

I think, it has to do with pictures (not in frame!). afp crashes not only when grouping but also, when trying to set the cursor in a text field but some picture is around. 

Not seeing that either. What is the font you have for the text? Is this Windows or Mac? Are the pictures embedded or linked? How large (file size in bytes) are the pictures? What file type are the pictures (jpeg, png, afphoto, tiff)?

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

Tried jpeg just over 4 MB jpeg over 6 MB. Pics not in frames. Tried filler text, filler text 'as text', placed text from a file. No crashes.

I turn off most of the Auto-Correct Preferences. That is all I can think of. I have the second and fourth auto-correct on.

Frustrating in that two people have this crash and I can't duplicate it. Not that I like to break things but that is the purpose of beta testing.

• Staff

I've tried on 10.12 to reproduce this but had no luck either.

If either yourself or @rahorn get this again can you try recreate the document before grouping it and attach it? There's a few ways to apply transparency and I think I've covered most, but there might be something else unique to the documents you two are creating that could be cause of this.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.